Alec Baldwin's daughter shrugged off angry voice mail
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG9 of 17
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Little People, Big World's Matt and Amy Roloff SeparateMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Keke Palmer Joins Masters of SexMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind Auditions
Alec Baldwin's daughter, Ireland, failed to understand why an angry voice mail message from her father became headline news in 2007, because she simply shrugged off the family dispute.
The 16-year-old, whose mother is Baldwin's ex-wife, Kim Basinger, has spoken for the first time about the infamous answering machine message, in which her dad called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig."
RELATED: Baby For Alec Baldwin?
The voicemail leaked on the Internet and made headlines across the world, with Baldwin subsequently admitting the scandal sent him into a deep depression which left him contemplating suicide.
However, Ireland is adamant the voicemail wasn't a "big deal" as she wasn't upset by her father's angry tone and the disagreement was settled in a quick phone call.
RELATED: Star Slipups: Forgiven & Forgotten?
She tells the New York Post's Page Six Magazine, "The only problem with that voice mail was that people made it out to be a way bigger deal than it was. He's said stuff like that before just because he's frustrated. For me it was like, 'OK, whatever.' I called him back, I was like, 'Sorry Dad, I didn't have my phone.' That was it."
RELATED: Bing: Famous Custody Battles
In the interview, Ireland also opens up about her relationship with her new stepmother, Hilaria Thomas, who married Baldwin over the summer, insisting they get along very well.
She adds, "Hilaria and I are really close. She's like a big sister to me, but I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her yet. We joke around, and I call her 'mom.' But I respect her, it's not like I'm 'Parent Trap'-ping her, setting up booby traps in her room."
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite