Alessandra Ambrosio: “Putting healthier girls on the runway is [encouraging]”Related: Alessandra Ambrosio
- Photo: Eugene Gologursky/WireImage.com1 of 10
- Photo: Fernanda Calfat Studio/GettyImages.com2 of 10
- Photo: MARION CURTIS/.3 of 10
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP5 of 10
- Photo: MARION CURTIS/.6 of 10
- Photo: MARION CURTIS/.7 of 10
- Photo: MARION CURTIS/.8 of 10
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apoMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:48:07 PM
- Review: Spirited, sexy version of 'Master Builder'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:42:37 PM
- Lease to Broadway's biggest theater soldMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:31:38 PM
- Blossoming VOD Service Viewster Adds BBC's 'Skins,' Starz and Shine ProgrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:26:11 PM
- Ray Manzarek Death: 5 Must-See Performances (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apo
By Melissa Hunter, reporting by Mary S. Park
Wonderwall chatted with Victoria's Secret Angel / Brazilian goddess Alessandra Ambrosio on Monday. The supermodel threw some support behind feminine, er, support at an event celebrating Victoria's Secret's successful bra lines at their Soho store. Aside from VS, Alessandra was recently recruited for Prada's latest fashion show, as were two other "Angels." This marks a decided departure from Prada's infamously stick-figured models and a move toward curvy ladies. Read on to hear Alessandra's thoughts on the curvy trend, her segue into motherhood, and what's really in that Brazilian supermodel-breeding water.
Wonderwall: How is your new Prada job different from your gig with Victoria's Secret?
Alessandra: Oh, it's completely different. I'm covered from head-to-toe [for Prada] and I'm very exposed, showing my whole body [for Victoria's Secret] ... one is more fashion and the other one is all about showing your curves. But it's a show, you're on the runway, anything can happen.
WW: Prada cast three VS models in their runway show. Why?
AA: Victoria's Secret knows what's beautiful and sexy, and I guess other brands are coming in now and following that.
WW: Is it more terrifying showing curves on a runway?
AA: Oh yeah ... Before I get onto the runway for Victoria's Secret, I'm so nervous. And at the Prada show, I was much more comfortable, much more cool. It was just easier.
WW: How do you feel about the trend shift from stick-thin models to curvier ones?
AA: I think it's very nice that they're putting healthier girls on the runway, because it encourages people to have a healthy lifestyle.
WW: How do you prepare for a Victoria's Secret show?
AA: Before the show, I'm at the gym working out to have everything perfect ... And I guess just trying to be healthy and exercising. Not every day ... You can always cheat a little bit. Chocolate here and there and pizza. You need to have fun.
WW: How do you keep your figure as a new mom? Is there something in that Brazilian water?
AA: I'm just playing with [my daughter]. That helps a lot. I love doing yoga. I was just [in Brazil] and I was surfing, walking on the beach. You know, I try to eat fresh stuff, like fresh fruit, vegetables, coconut water from the coconut. Being Brazilian, you kind of grow up with all these natural things.
WW: How would you feel if your daughter ever wanted to become a Victoria's Secret model?
AA: I would totally support her. I've been working for Victoria's Secret for a long time. And they always encourage us to lead a healthy lifestyle and to show women as healthy. So, I would totally support her if she wanted to.
WW: What do you think about a mother/daughter Victoria's Secret runway show?
AA: Uh, I don't know! A lot of the Victoria's Secret's models now have babies, so it would be funny and fun.
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite