Ali Landry Hopes Mario Lopez's Baby Mama 'doesn't go through what I went through'Related: Mario Lopez
- Photo: Casey Rodgers/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Cannes: Critics All Over the Map on James Gray's 'Immigrant' but Love MarMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:10:59 PM
- Blake Shelton heads home to Oklahoma to stage benefit gigMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:02:40 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSY
By Michelle Lanz, with reporting by Paris Hampton
With her beauty, brains and her adorable (adorable!) little girl, it seems like Ali Landry's got a pretty cool life. Wonderwall caught up with Landry during New York Fashion Week on Sunday at her Belle Parish Spring 2011 Collection show, where she talked about the inspiration for her designs and how she's worried for the baby mama of her allegedly adulterous ex-husband Mario Lopez.
Wonderwall: Is this your first collection and first time at Fashion Week?
Ali Landry: It's my first collection, first time at Fashion Week, first time at all of this. We just gotta go with this!
WW: How are you going to bribe all your little child models to behave themselves?
AL: We have 21 kids -- toddlers from 4 months [on up]. I have dealt with everything from spit-ups to temper tantrums to hugs and kisses to everything else. We are at New York Fashion Week, and yes, it's very chic and fashionable, but today is about family and fun and moms, and we just have to go out there and have a good time!
WW: How does being a mom influence your designing?
AL: That's really the only reason I did this. When I had [my daughter], my mother sent me a box of clothes, and it was all pieces that she had saved for me from when I was a baby. When I saw those clothes and looked at my child, I thought, she's going to be this age for only a second and then it's going to pass. I want to cherish this and celebrate it. And then I had the lightbulb moment: She's a little girl. Let's celebrate her being a little girl. Let's dress her age-appropriate. She can dress trendy and cool and fun when she's a teenager.
WW: It really comes full circle because your friend, Mario Lopez, just had a little girl yesterday. I'm sure you've been too busy to congratulate him.
AL: Well, I wouldn't say that he's my friend, actually! That was one of the worst situations in my entire life. I wish him the best and I hope that with his current partner that she doesn't go through what I went through. But you know, everything happens for a reason. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have my husband and my beautiful daughter. Life is great!
WW: How has your family made your life a dream?
AL: I feel like at this moment, after having a child, even though I am getting up there in age, I feel like I know myself better as a woman. I'velet go of a lot of insecurities that I had before. You know, just becoming a mom, it really changes you!
WW: Would you congratulate Mario on the baby now that you have your own happiness?
WW: He's going to be afraid to watch his little girl date, don't you think? He knows what men out there can be like!
AL: Of course, I wish the best for him and I wish the best for his family. I just …it was a tough time for me, and I hope that it doesn't happen to another woman.
WW: You must have modeled before. You're so beautiful!
AL: I had a stint of it after college, and it was not my thing. I went back to school. It's fun that I get to do it now with my daughter.
WW: Do you have a fave supermodel?
AL: Cindy Crawford, always. She's always been my favorite.
WW: What should we be putting little ones in for fall?
AL: Tights, really cute coats, great little military coats with frilly little dresses underneath. Feminine with a twist.
WW: What do you think of the other celeb fashion lines?
AL: I love Gwen. I love L.A.M.B. I love all her pieces. Amazing. I haven't seen the Kardashians' pieces yet. My head has been underwater with Belle Parish -- trying to pull this off! People are asking me what shows and parties I'm going to. I'm going to go on a carriage ride with my family through Central Park! Enough fashion for me this week!
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite