Alyson Hannigan Talks Pregnancy & Why She Doesn't Have a NannyRelated: Celeb Spotlight, Alyson Hannigan
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 10
- Photo: Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Icono/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 10
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 10
- Photo: Headlinephoto/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: TK/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Hitman Drama 'Salvo' Wins Critics' Week Prize at CannesMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:36:33 PM
- A&E Cancels 'Intervention'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:30:06 PM
- Breakup Fee for Rythym & Hues Stalking-Horse Bidder Approved (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:29:16 PM
- Jon Favreau, Giancarlo Esposito Team Up for Much-Hyped 'Destiny' Videogame TrailerMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:26:44 PM
- Chris Hemsworth Doesn't Believe Death Applies to Race Car Drivers in New 'Rush&MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 11:54:48 AM
- Hitman Drama 'Salvo' Wins Critics' Week Prize at Cannes
By Rebecca Silverstein
While we love watching Alyson Hannigan every week on "How I Met Your Mother" and we can't wait to see her in "American Reunion," our favorite of her many roles is mom to her daughter, Satyana. And this weekend, motherhood took center stage for the actress as she helped Pull-Ups training pants show parents how fun potty training can be with the Potty Dance! Keep reading as we chat with Alyson about her latest pregnancy, why she doesn't have a nanny and more.
Wonderwall: Congrats on your pregnancy! How is your daughter, Satyana, dealing with the idea of having a new brother or sister?
Alyson Hannigan: Oh, she's super, super excited! She is already a great big sister, and she's very excited about the baby. She rubs lotion on my belly and talks to the baby, and it's very, very sweet, so we are very excited.
WW: How did you and your husband, Alexis Denisof, break the news to her?
AH: We sat down, [and] we were like, "OK, it's time tell her," and we were all emotional. I don't know what we said, but basically we told her she was going to get to be a big sister. She was like, "OK! Can we read a book?" We were like, huh, that was obviously bigger for us then it was for her. And about five minutes later, she asked questions and then she really got it, but it wasn't like some profound moment we were expecting. "Wow, I'm gonna be a big sister!" No, that came later. It took her a little while to process, but then she was really on board. The next day, she was like "Mommy, do you still have the baby in your belly?" She would ask me that for a few weeks.
WW: Are you guys hoping for a boy or girl?
AH: Honestly, I did not care one way or the other. As long as the baby's healthy and happy, I'm very, very happy. We do know it is -- we haven't said yet, but we do know.
WW: How is the pregnancy going?
AH: It's good! I'm more tired this time around, mainly because I have an almost 3 year old that won't let me nap, but actually it's going pretty well after the first trimester. The first trimester was not terrible, but it was definitely harder then the first [time].
WW: Do have any different cravings this time around?
AH: I actually had stronger cravings the first time around then I do this time. I feel like this baby is very mellow. I have more likes then I normally do -- like, things that didn't really appeal to me before, I like now. But with my first child, I would get a craving, and it was like, "Get out of my way, I am going to find this food!" But with this time, it's more like, "Oh yeah, that would be nice."
AW: What's your favorite time of day with Satyana?
AH: I love all of it really. She's just such a fun person to hang out with. I just love when we are playing, and she's so creative and imaginative. She'll make up games and songs and dances. It's just a joy to be around her.
WW: What's the best motherhood tip you've been given?
AH: The best motherhood tip would probably be to make things fun. That's why the Potty Dance Party is right up my alley because if you can make a task fun, then it's just going to be a lot easier to get it done for all of you: for mom, dad and the kid. It's just being creative about things you to need to accomplish and how to make them fun.
WW: How do you balance motherhood and filming "How I Met Your Mother"?
AH: My husband is incredibly supportive, and that's wonderful because we don't have a nanny, so it's just the two of us doing it. It's definitely hard to balance at times, but we just make it work. We have a big chalkboard that's divided into calendar dates and that's how we live. We're like, "OK, let's not over schedule things." We still want to have enough time to have our family time. We just try to balance it as best we can. We have days where it's like, "OK, that day wasn't so balanced," but then we'll make up for it by not having anything during the weekend or just having "us" time.
WW: That's very un-Hollywood of you to not have a nanny.
AH: Boy, have there been times where we are like, "What are we doing? We need a nanny!" And right now, we have one person who can babysit because all of our other babysitters went to college. But we have the one person that will babysit once a week for us, so we can still have date night. But we love it! Luckily, we are in the position, as two actors, where we can do that. A lot of people don't have that option. Both parents do have to go to work, but fortunately for us, it's OK, and he was willing to take a backseat for his career so that we could all three go to my work and do it ourselves. We'll see what happens with the second one though. We'll definitely need somebody!
WW: On Saturday, you threw a Pull-Ups Potty Dance Party to help show how easy potty training can be. How did you get involved with Pull-Ups Training Pants?
AH: Well, Pull-Ups have saved me! My daughter absolutely adores them, so it was just a natural partnership. And when they asked my to host the Potty Dance Party, I was thrilled because who doesn't love a party? And my daughter absolutely loves to dance, so it was just a great way for parents to pick a day and start potty training, it can be daunting!
WW: Does your daughter do the Potty Dance?
AH: She was doing it this morning, and hopefully she'll want to do it today. Her dancing is anything from, yes, a choreographed dance, but also she will say, "Oh, mommy, I'm dancing," but will be doing something a lot more like yoga, where she's just basically stretching her legs in weird positions, but she thinks that's dance, so I encourage it.
WW: How did your experience potty training her go?
AH: It started earlier then I thought. She was definitely showing interest, so I would put her on the potty, and she would go, then we would celebrate and make a huge deal out of it. Once I decided, "OK, we are going to pick a day, and we are going to start, and we are going to all commit to it," then it went really easily because we made it such a great experience. It was a big celebration every time she successfully made the potty. We still haven't done the nighttime potty training, but she's very good during the day. We haven't had an accident in a long time. Knock on wood!
WW: You also have "American Reunion" coming up. When you started the series, did you think it would turn into four movies?
AH: I had no idea! No, not at all. And even if there was talk of the sequel in the contract of the first one, I said, "Well, my character wouldn't be in the sequel" and they agreed, so they took my sequel clause out. She leaves in the first movie, so there wouldn't be any more. And here we are, four films later, still doing it. I think it's fantastic! It's just as good as the first one, if not better.
WW: Who do you think has changed most in the cast?
AH: I feel like I've changed the most because I've gone from my early 20s to now. I'm just a complete mom, and I love it some much. I feel like I'm the most boring one because I really just get a kick out of being a mom and, "Hey, anybody want to go to a potty dance party?" This is what gets me excited.
WW: Well, the potty dance party is kind of like a dance club.
AH: It is a dance club! It's the dance club I want to be at!
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite