Alyssa Milano chats turning 40, becoming a working mom, and more!Related: Celeb Spotlight, Alyssa Milano
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/AP1 of 8
- Photo: @Alyssa_Milano/Twitter2 of 8
- Photo: WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: Sam Sharma/Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP7 of 8
- Photo: Alex Brandon/AP8 of 8
By Scott Huver
Alyssa Milano started her career at age 12 on "Who's the Boss," and her fans have watched her grow up in front of the cameras ever since. Now that she's returning to television in "Mistresses," she's bringing us along for the ride once again. But much has changed since the now 40-year-old actress got her start. She's now married to Hollywood agent David Bugliari, and the couple are the proud parents of 16-month-old son Milo Thomas. She chatted with Wonderwall about her milestone birthday, becoming a working mom, and more while promoting her new series at the Television Critics Association winter 2013 press tour in Los Angeles on Jan. 10, 2013.
RELATED: Stars Turning 40 in 2012
On how she celebrated her 40th birthday in December 2012:
My husband threw a surprise party for me. Ever since I was a teenager, I've complained about never going to my prom, so he made it a prom theme. We had a surprise birthday party -- I was absolutely stunned and floored. I started shaking and trembling! Then the best part of the entire night was that he walked me up to our hotel room, and he had 20 '90s prom dresses that he bought at thrift stores for me to choose from. So I got all dressed up and I teased my hair and we went downstairs and danced to '90s music.
On how it feels to be 40:
It was kind of anti-climatic, to be honest with you. I feel like, for me at least, I always freaked out about birthdays when I felt like I should be at a different place in my life. I feel like at this point, I can honestly say that I'm fulfilled in every aspect. I have a job that I really, really like to go to and I have a beautiful son and a wonderful husband. It's like women are supposed to want it all, and I always did want it all -- now I have it. So 40 was kind of like, "Yeah, I'm 40."
On how she stays in shape:
It's hard to find the time. I walk my son every morning in his stroller, so I at least get that done. I try to fit in some Pilates or days at the gym, but it's hard. He's a toddler. He's running around.
On how she feels about her son possibly perusing a career in showbiz:
I didn't have a bad experience. I would've said "no" more so before he was born, but I realized after he was born that kids kind of come out the way that they are, and if it's something that he wants to do and explore, I think I have to be supportive.
On how she knew she was ready to go back to work with a baby at home:
I didn't, actually. I still don't. I think any working mom can [agree that] it goes against every fiber of your being to go back to work after you have a child, but I knew that it was an important message for a child to see his mother be fulfilled and productive. If it didn't happen then, I don't think it would've happened. I would've been a stay-at-home mom for many, many years.
On how she feels about performing risqué scenes now that she's a mother:
He's only 16 months, so we'll see what happens when he's old enough to be, like, "Mommy, why are you in a bra on TV?"
On how she survived being a child star:
My family was good to me. That's the difference.
On her aspirations at this point in her career:
Just to continue to grow as a human being and as an artist and to continue working [because] it could end at any moment.
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite