Alyssa Milano chats turning 40, becoming a working mom, and more!Related: Celeb Spotlight, Alyssa Milano
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/AP1 of 8
- Photo: @Alyssa_Milano/Twitter2 of 8
- Photo: WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: Sam Sharma/Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP7 of 8
- Photo: Alex Brandon/AP8 of 8
By Scott Huver
Alyssa Milano started her career at age 12 on "Who's the Boss," and her fans have watched her grow up in front of the cameras ever since. Now that she's returning to television in "Mistresses," she's bringing us along for the ride once again. But much has changed since the now 40-year-old actress got her start. She's now married to Hollywood agent David Bugliari, and the couple are the proud parents of 16-month-old son Milo Thomas. She chatted with Wonderwall about her milestone birthday, becoming a working mom, and more while promoting her new series at the Television Critics Association winter 2013 press tour in Los Angeles on Jan. 10, 2013.
RELATED: Stars Turning 40 in 2012
On how she celebrated her 40th birthday in December 2012:
My husband threw a surprise party for me. Ever since I was a teenager, I've complained about never going to my prom, so he made it a prom theme. We had a surprise birthday party -- I was absolutely stunned and floored. I started shaking and trembling! Then the best part of the entire night was that he walked me up to our hotel room, and he had 20 '90s prom dresses that he bought at thrift stores for me to choose from. So I got all dressed up and I teased my hair and we went downstairs and danced to '90s music.
On how it feels to be 40:
It was kind of anti-climatic, to be honest with you. I feel like, for me at least, I always freaked out about birthdays when I felt like I should be at a different place in my life. I feel like at this point, I can honestly say that I'm fulfilled in every aspect. I have a job that I really, really like to go to and I have a beautiful son and a wonderful husband. It's like women are supposed to want it all, and I always did want it all -- now I have it. So 40 was kind of like, "Yeah, I'm 40."
On how she stays in shape:
It's hard to find the time. I walk my son every morning in his stroller, so I at least get that done. I try to fit in some Pilates or days at the gym, but it's hard. He's a toddler. He's running around.
On how she feels about her son possibly perusing a career in showbiz:
I didn't have a bad experience. I would've said "no" more so before he was born, but I realized after he was born that kids kind of come out the way that they are, and if it's something that he wants to do and explore, I think I have to be supportive.
On how she knew she was ready to go back to work with a baby at home:
I didn't, actually. I still don't. I think any working mom can [agree that] it goes against every fiber of your being to go back to work after you have a child, but I knew that it was an important message for a child to see his mother be fulfilled and productive. If it didn't happen then, I don't think it would've happened. I would've been a stay-at-home mom for many, many years.
On how she feels about performing risqué scenes now that she's a mother:
He's only 16 months, so we'll see what happens when he's old enough to be, like, "Mommy, why are you in a bra on TV?"
On how she survived being a child star:
My family was good to me. That's the difference.
On her aspirations at this point in her career:
Just to continue to grow as a human being and as an artist and to continue working [because] it could end at any moment.
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite