Alyssa Milano: Jay Mohr's 'Fat-Shaming' Insults 'Hurt Me'
- Photo: WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Columbia/Everett/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/ABC/Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Sam Sharma/Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'NielsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM
- Universal Options 'Let It Snow' Book Featuring Short Story by John GreenMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:28:00 PM
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: 'I Got it Wrong, I'm Sorry'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:23:00 PM
- Proctor & Gamble Cancels Its Breast Cancer Awareness Month Partnership With NFLMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:12:00 PM
- Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 11:30:00 AM
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'Niels
Alyssa Milano wasn't going to let Jay Mohr off the hook. The actress and mom, 41, kicked off the New Year on a sour note when the comedian, 42, leveled cruel insults her way in a recent radio interview -- calling attention to her post-baby figure. ("It seems like she had a baby and said, 'I don't really give a s--t'...I read it on her gut," the "Suburgatory" actor sniped.) Mohr subsequently apologized -- and Milano graciously accepted last Friday via Twitter.
The "Mistresses" star explained to Extra's Mario Lopez why she chose to engage with Mohr in the first place following his insult. "Well, he made a comment that was not so nice about my weight and I called him out on Twitter about it. I just think he was trying to make a joke and not think about it," Milano said.
Adding to the hurt? "I heard it actually on Christmas Day and it hurt me, I was affected by it and I wanted to remind him that I'm a human being and that this hurts."
The "Who's the Boss" alum hopes there will be less "fat-shaming" in the future. "I think it's an interesting statement about where we are socially that people feel that they can sort of rip a woman's body apart after having a baby," said Milano, who welcomed some Milo with husband David Bugliari back in August 2011. "I don't think it's fair."
She confided: "I gained 55 pounds when I was pregnant, I still have 10 more to lose."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOver The Moon
From Crowd Ignite