Alyssa Milano: Jay Mohr's 'Fat-Shaming' Insults 'Hurt Me'
- Photo: WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Columbia/Everett/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/ABC/Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Sam Sharma/Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Alyssa Milano wasn't going to let Jay Mohr off the hook. The actress and mom, 41, kicked off the New Year on a sour note when the comedian, 42, leveled cruel insults her way in a recent radio interview -- calling attention to her post-baby figure. ("It seems like she had a baby and said, 'I don't really give a s--t'...I read it on her gut," the "Suburgatory" actor sniped.) Mohr subsequently apologized -- and Milano graciously accepted last Friday via Twitter.
The "Mistresses" star explained to Extra's Mario Lopez why she chose to engage with Mohr in the first place following his insult. "Well, he made a comment that was not so nice about my weight and I called him out on Twitter about it. I just think he was trying to make a joke and not think about it," Milano said.
Adding to the hurt? "I heard it actually on Christmas Day and it hurt me, I was affected by it and I wanted to remind him that I'm a human being and that this hurts."
The "Who's the Boss" alum hopes there will be less "fat-shaming" in the future. "I think it's an interesting statement about where we are socially that people feel that they can sort of rip a woman's body apart after having a baby," said Milano, who welcomed some Milo with husband David Bugliari back in August 2011. "I don't think it's fair."
She confided: "I gained 55 pounds when I was pregnant, I still have 10 more to lose."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite