Amanda Bynes Charged With Misdemeanor DUI
- Photo: Toby Canham/Bauer-Griffin1 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: AR4/Chris Connor/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Handout/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 11
- Photo: JEFF CHRISTENSEN/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on TwitterMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:30:00 PM
- NBC's 'Constantine' Casts Mexican-American Star as ZedMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:24:00 PM
- Telenovela Star Angelica Celaya Cast as Zed on ConstantineMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:42:00 PM
- 'Real Housewives of NJ's' Dina Manzo on Haters: 'I Don'MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:24:00 PM
- The Mysteries of Laura Promises Drama, Comedy and ... Barf!MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on Twitter
By Krista Wick
Entertainment Tonight -- Actress Amanda Bynes has been officially charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence, stemming from an arrest earlier this year, reports The Associated Press. And she's calling on President Barack Obama to help clear her name.
The 26-year-old former Nickelodeon star was pulled over on April 6 in West Hollywood, Calif., on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol after she collided with a parked police car. On Tuesday, the same day she was officially charged, Bynes tweeted, "Hey @BarackObama... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end." That tweet followed one on May 27 when Bynes posted, "I can't help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don't drink so the DUI is false."
The actress's father also defended his daughter shortly after the incident last month, telling People that she is a "good girl" who doesn't drink.
"[The cop was] pulling out in front of [Amanda] as she was turning at the West Hollywood intersection where she was cited," he told the news magazine, faulting the collision on the arresting officer. "I was told that she blew a zero on the Breathalyzer. She didn't have a single drink that night."
Bynes is scheduled for arraignment tomorrow in Beverly Hills Superior Court, but is not required to attend.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite