Amanda Bynes Charged With Misdemeanor DUI
- Photo: Toby Canham/Bauer-Griffin1 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: AR4/Chris Connor/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Handout/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 11
- Photo: JEFF CHRISTENSEN/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Named Forbes' Highest-Paid Actor AgainMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn to Moderate Nat Geo's Comic-Con Panel (EMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film Festival
By Krista Wick
Entertainment Tonight -- Actress Amanda Bynes has been officially charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence, stemming from an arrest earlier this year, reports The Associated Press. And she's calling on President Barack Obama to help clear her name.
The 26-year-old former Nickelodeon star was pulled over on April 6 in West Hollywood, Calif., on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol after she collided with a parked police car. On Tuesday, the same day she was officially charged, Bynes tweeted, "Hey @BarackObama... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end." That tweet followed one on May 27 when Bynes posted, "I can't help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don't drink so the DUI is false."
The actress's father also defended his daughter shortly after the incident last month, telling People that she is a "good girl" who doesn't drink.
"[The cop was] pulling out in front of [Amanda] as she was turning at the West Hollywood intersection where she was cited," he told the news magazine, faulting the collision on the arresting officer. "I was told that she blew a zero on the Breathalyzer. She didn't have a single drink that night."
Bynes is scheduled for arraignment tomorrow in Beverly Hills Superior Court, but is not required to attend.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite