Amanda Bynes claims she has a redheaded impostor
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter2 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter6 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Facebook Bests Revenue Estimates, Stock on the RiseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:31:00 PM
- Fox Cancels 'Jump of the Century,' Cites Costs and TimingMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:01:00 PM
- Darth Vader Polling Higher Than Every Single Likely 2016 Presidential CandidateMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:28:00 PM
- Sneaky 'Better Call Saul' Teaser Billboard Pops Up in Albuquerque (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:11:00 PM
- Chernin Group, AT&T to Buy Controlling Stake in FullscreenMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Facebook Bests Revenue Estimates, Stock on the Rise
Is the red-haired Amanda Bynes spotted in New York actually a red herring? On Tuesday -- one day before Bynes' 27th birthday -- a woman who appeared to be the "What I Like About You" actress was photographed walking around Manhattan with dyed magenta hair. (The woman in question had the former Nickelodeon star's cheek piercings, sunglasses, jewelry, and lips.)
Bynes made headlines for the edgy new look, but in a strange turn of events, she later claimed that she was not the person in the snapshots. "My hair is blonde, I've never been a redhead!" she said in a tweet that has since been deleted. "Somebody keeps posing as me! Check my photos on Twitter for up to date pictures!"
A second tweet (also since deleted) pointed to the alleged impostor's gray sweatshirt, black sweatpants, socks, and sandals as evidence of fraud. "Fake or real microdermals, same glasses! I don't own those clothes and I'm blonde! Haha!" she wrote.
The curious incident occurred on the same day Bynes was a no-show at a court hearing for her suspended license case. (She also faces separate charges in a hit-and-run.) It followed an outing last week in which the starlet walked around Times Square with a shirt over her head.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis to Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler, see more celebs who love beach PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite