Amanda Bynes claims she has a redheaded impostor
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter2 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter6 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Is the red-haired Amanda Bynes spotted in New York actually a red herring? On Tuesday -- one day before Bynes' 27th birthday -- a woman who appeared to be the "What I Like About You" actress was photographed walking around Manhattan with dyed magenta hair. (The woman in question had the former Nickelodeon star's cheek piercings, sunglasses, jewelry, and lips.)
Bynes made headlines for the edgy new look, but in a strange turn of events, she later claimed that she was not the person in the snapshots. "My hair is blonde, I've never been a redhead!" she said in a tweet that has since been deleted. "Somebody keeps posing as me! Check my photos on Twitter for up to date pictures!"
A second tweet (also since deleted) pointed to the alleged impostor's gray sweatshirt, black sweatpants, socks, and sandals as evidence of fraud. "Fake or real microdermals, same glasses! I don't own those clothes and I'm blonde! Haha!" she wrote.
The curious incident occurred on the same day Bynes was a no-show at a court hearing for her suspended license case. (She also faces separate charges in a hit-and-run.) It followed an outing last week in which the starlet walked around Times Square with a shirt over her head.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite