Amanda Bynes claims she has a redheaded impostor
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter2 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter6 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
Is the red-haired Amanda Bynes spotted in New York actually a red herring? On Tuesday -- one day before Bynes' 27th birthday -- a woman who appeared to be the "What I Like About You" actress was photographed walking around Manhattan with dyed magenta hair. (The woman in question had the former Nickelodeon star's cheek piercings, sunglasses, jewelry, and lips.)
Bynes made headlines for the edgy new look, but in a strange turn of events, she later claimed that she was not the person in the snapshots. "My hair is blonde, I've never been a redhead!" she said in a tweet that has since been deleted. "Somebody keeps posing as me! Check my photos on Twitter for up to date pictures!"
A second tweet (also since deleted) pointed to the alleged impostor's gray sweatshirt, black sweatpants, socks, and sandals as evidence of fraud. "Fake or real microdermals, same glasses! I don't own those clothes and I'm blonde! Haha!" she wrote.
The curious incident occurred on the same day Bynes was a no-show at a court hearing for her suspended license case. (She also faces separate charges in a hit-and-run.) It followed an outing last week in which the starlet walked around Times Square with a shirt over her head.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite