Amanda Bynes claims she has a redheaded impostor
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News1 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter2 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter3 of 14
- Photo: Splash News4 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter6 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 14
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Man who amputated arm arrested on assault chargesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:02:34 AM
- Film Violence in PG-13 Often Comes With Sex and Drinking, Study FindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:50:32 AM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Man who amputated arm arrested on assault charges
Is the red-haired Amanda Bynes spotted in New York actually a red herring? On Tuesday -- one day before Bynes' 27th birthday -- a woman who appeared to be the "What I Like About You" actress was photographed walking around Manhattan with dyed magenta hair. (The woman in question had the former Nickelodeon star's cheek piercings, sunglasses, jewelry, and lips.)
Bynes made headlines for the edgy new look, but in a strange turn of events, she later claimed that she was not the person in the snapshots. "My hair is blonde, I've never been a redhead!" she said in a tweet that has since been deleted. "Somebody keeps posing as me! Check my photos on Twitter for up to date pictures!"
A second tweet (also since deleted) pointed to the alleged impostor's gray sweatshirt, black sweatpants, socks, and sandals as evidence of fraud. "Fake or real microdermals, same glasses! I don't own those clothes and I'm blonde! Haha!" she wrote.
The curious incident occurred on the same day Bynes was a no-show at a court hearing for her suspended license case. (She also faces separate charges in a hit-and-run.) It followed an outing last week in which the starlet walked around Times Square with a shirt over her head.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite