Amanda Bynes 'has no mental illness whatsoever,' marijuana caused past behavior, mom says
- Photo: RAAK/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter3 of 13
- Photo: Jacson/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Miracles Fitness Retreat/Facebook6 of 13
- Photo: Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter9 of 13
- Photo: Goodwin/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VM/Premiere/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Don't mess with mama! Amanda Bynes' mother, Lynn Bynes, is setting the record straight on rumors that her daughter's troubles over the past few years were due to mental illness.
"Amanda has no mental illness whatsoever. She has never been diagnosed as schizophrenic or bipolar," Bynes tells Us Weekly in a statement, via attorney Tamar Arminak. "She is very sorry for all the hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana." (Back in May 2013, Bynes was arrested for throwing a bong out a window from her New York apartment.)
Bynes, 28, returned home back in December 2013 after several months of what was widely reported as treatment for mental illness. She sought treatment at a facility in Malibu, Calif., and spent some time in the psych ward at UCLA Medical Center.
"Amanda currently is on zero medication. She's devoted to living her life as healthy as possible," Arminak adds to Us. "Her family is closely involved with her day-to-day life, but they try to give her as much autonomy as possible."
The former Nickelodeon star has seemingly been getting back to her old self since reuniting with Lynn and dad Rick. She's deleted all of her previous offending tweets, and is now majoring in fashion design at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Orange County, Calif. Earlier this month, she celebrated her 28th birthday with a Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, getaway with her parents.
"Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes," she captioned via Twitter on April 5, as she shared a snapshot of her svelte figure in a neon yellow bikini.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite