Amanda Bynes 'has no mental illness whatsoever,' marijuana caused past behavior, mom says
- Photo: RAAK/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter3 of 13
- Photo: Jacson/Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Miracles Fitness Retreat/Facebook6 of 13
- Photo: Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter9 of 13
- Photo: Goodwin/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VM/Premiere/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Don't mess with mama! Amanda Bynes' mother, Lynn Bynes, is setting the record straight on rumors that her daughter's troubles over the past few years were due to mental illness.
"Amanda has no mental illness whatsoever. She has never been diagnosed as schizophrenic or bipolar," Bynes tells Us Weekly in a statement, via attorney Tamar Arminak. "She is very sorry for all the hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana." (Back in May 2013, Bynes was arrested for throwing a bong out a window from her New York apartment.)
Bynes, 28, returned home back in December 2013 after several months of what was widely reported as treatment for mental illness. She sought treatment at a facility in Malibu, Calif., and spent some time in the psych ward at UCLA Medical Center.
"Amanda currently is on zero medication. She's devoted to living her life as healthy as possible," Arminak adds to Us. "Her family is closely involved with her day-to-day life, but they try to give her as much autonomy as possible."
The former Nickelodeon star has seemingly been getting back to her old self since reuniting with Lynn and dad Rick. She's deleted all of her previous offending tweets, and is now majoring in fashion design at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Orange County, Calif. Earlier this month, she celebrated her 28th birthday with a Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, getaway with her parents.
"Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes," she captioned via Twitter on April 5, as she shared a snapshot of her svelte figure in a neon yellow bikini.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite