Amanda Bynes is 'making great strides towards recovery,' say parents
- Photo: Getty Images/.1 of 10
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Is Amanda Bynes on the mend? The 27-year-old actress' parents, Lynn and Rick Bynes, and lawyer, Mary Shea, gave an update on her health following a conservatorship hearing at Ventura County Juvenile Court House in Oxnard, Calif., on Sept. 30.
Through their lawyer, Tamar Arminack, Lynn and Rick Bynes released the following statement Monday regarding their daughter's health: "Earlier this month, in a separate Lanterman-Petris-Short proceeding, Lynn Bynes was granted LPS Conservatorship of her daughter Amanda. It is for this reason, and in an effort not to duplicate conservator rights, that Mrs. Bynes decided to withdraw her Petition for Conservatorship of her daughter in the probate courts this morning. The Bynes Probate conservatorship proceeding has been continued in part to December 17, 2013, for final determination and dismissal."
On Monday, TMZ reported that Bynes has left UCLA Medical Center and moved to celebrity rehab center the Canyon in Malibu three weeks ago. Unlike the UCLA Medical Center, the Canyon does not have a psychiatric facility.
In their statement, Bynes' parents addressed the report -- confirming Amanda's move, but not naming the Canyon or any specific facility. "Currently, upon recommendation by the skilled healthcare professionals at UCLA Medical Center, Amanda is receiving specialized treatment in a private facility outside of Los Angeles," the statement says. "Amanda is making great strides towards recovery. The entire Bynes family would like to ask that they be given some measure of privacy so they can focus on Amanda's health and well-being. The Bynes family would also like to thank all of Amanda's supporters and well-wishers for their thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
Outside of court, Bynes' lawyer Shea told reporters, "She is doing well. She is doing better."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite