Amanda Bynes is 'making great strides towards recovery,' say parents
- Photo: Getty Images/.1 of 10
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Is Amanda Bynes on the mend? The 27-year-old actress' parents, Lynn and Rick Bynes, and lawyer, Mary Shea, gave an update on her health following a conservatorship hearing at Ventura County Juvenile Court House in Oxnard, Calif., on Sept. 30.
Through their lawyer, Tamar Arminack, Lynn and Rick Bynes released the following statement Monday regarding their daughter's health: "Earlier this month, in a separate Lanterman-Petris-Short proceeding, Lynn Bynes was granted LPS Conservatorship of her daughter Amanda. It is for this reason, and in an effort not to duplicate conservator rights, that Mrs. Bynes decided to withdraw her Petition for Conservatorship of her daughter in the probate courts this morning. The Bynes Probate conservatorship proceeding has been continued in part to December 17, 2013, for final determination and dismissal."
On Monday, TMZ reported that Bynes has left UCLA Medical Center and moved to celebrity rehab center the Canyon in Malibu three weeks ago. Unlike the UCLA Medical Center, the Canyon does not have a psychiatric facility.
In their statement, Bynes' parents addressed the report -- confirming Amanda's move, but not naming the Canyon or any specific facility. "Currently, upon recommendation by the skilled healthcare professionals at UCLA Medical Center, Amanda is receiving specialized treatment in a private facility outside of Los Angeles," the statement says. "Amanda is making great strides towards recovery. The entire Bynes family would like to ask that they be given some measure of privacy so they can focus on Amanda's health and well-being. The Bynes family would also like to thank all of Amanda's supporters and well-wishers for their thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
Outside of court, Bynes' lawyer Shea told reporters, "She is doing well. She is doing better."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite