Amanda Bynes is 'making great strides towards recovery,' say parents
- Photo: Getty Images/.1 of 10
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Is Amanda Bynes on the mend? The 27-year-old actress' parents, Lynn and Rick Bynes, and lawyer, Mary Shea, gave an update on her health following a conservatorship hearing at Ventura County Juvenile Court House in Oxnard, Calif., on Sept. 30.
Through their lawyer, Tamar Arminack, Lynn and Rick Bynes released the following statement Monday regarding their daughter's health: "Earlier this month, in a separate Lanterman-Petris-Short proceeding, Lynn Bynes was granted LPS Conservatorship of her daughter Amanda. It is for this reason, and in an effort not to duplicate conservator rights, that Mrs. Bynes decided to withdraw her Petition for Conservatorship of her daughter in the probate courts this morning. The Bynes Probate conservatorship proceeding has been continued in part to December 17, 2013, for final determination and dismissal."
On Monday, TMZ reported that Bynes has left UCLA Medical Center and moved to celebrity rehab center the Canyon in Malibu three weeks ago. Unlike the UCLA Medical Center, the Canyon does not have a psychiatric facility.
In their statement, Bynes' parents addressed the report -- confirming Amanda's move, but not naming the Canyon or any specific facility. "Currently, upon recommendation by the skilled healthcare professionals at UCLA Medical Center, Amanda is receiving specialized treatment in a private facility outside of Los Angeles," the statement says. "Amanda is making great strides towards recovery. The entire Bynes family would like to ask that they be given some measure of privacy so they can focus on Amanda's health and well-being. The Bynes family would also like to thank all of Amanda's supporters and well-wishers for their thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
Outside of court, Bynes' lawyer Shea told reporters, "She is doing well. She is doing better."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYear in Romance
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite