Amanda Bynes is 'making great strides towards recovery,' say parents
- Photo: Getty Images/.1 of 10
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Splash News3 of 10
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Is Amanda Bynes on the mend? The 27-year-old actress' parents, Lynn and Rick Bynes, and lawyer, Mary Shea, gave an update on her health following a conservatorship hearing at Ventura County Juvenile Court House in Oxnard, Calif., on Sept. 30.
Through their lawyer, Tamar Arminack, Lynn and Rick Bynes released the following statement Monday regarding their daughter's health: "Earlier this month, in a separate Lanterman-Petris-Short proceeding, Lynn Bynes was granted LPS Conservatorship of her daughter Amanda. It is for this reason, and in an effort not to duplicate conservator rights, that Mrs. Bynes decided to withdraw her Petition for Conservatorship of her daughter in the probate courts this morning. The Bynes Probate conservatorship proceeding has been continued in part to December 17, 2013, for final determination and dismissal."
On Monday, TMZ reported that Bynes has left UCLA Medical Center and moved to celebrity rehab center the Canyon in Malibu three weeks ago. Unlike the UCLA Medical Center, the Canyon does not have a psychiatric facility.
In their statement, Bynes' parents addressed the report -- confirming Amanda's move, but not naming the Canyon or any specific facility. "Currently, upon recommendation by the skilled healthcare professionals at UCLA Medical Center, Amanda is receiving specialized treatment in a private facility outside of Los Angeles," the statement says. "Amanda is making great strides towards recovery. The entire Bynes family would like to ask that they be given some measure of privacy so they can focus on Amanda's health and well-being. The Bynes family would also like to thank all of Amanda's supporters and well-wishers for their thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
Outside of court, Bynes' lawyer Shea told reporters, "She is doing well. She is doing better."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite