Amanda Bynes mentally fit to stand trial for DUI case, judge rules: Report
- Photo: GOAL/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
The judge, who reviewed Bynes' medical records, determined that the former Nickelodeon star is mentally competent to undergo criminal proceedings over her DUI case, according to the report. Bynes, 27, was originally scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 24 regarding her April 2012 DUI arrest that in West Hollywood, but the She's The Man star was a no-show.
A spokesperson from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office told Us Weekly in September, "Her attorney declared a 1368 [Penal Code] hearing to declare a doubt to mental competency. The parties will be due back in court on January 14, 2014 for a progress report."
Bynes was placed in a 5150 psychiatric hold back in July after she set a fire on the driveway of a stranger in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif. The hold was later extended after her mother, Lynn Bynes, assumed conservatorship over her troubled daughter. The actress has been undergoing treatment in a private facility in Los Angeles since September.
Following many months of erratic behavior, the former child star was arrested in NYC for marijuana possession, reckless endangerment and tampering with evidence after she heaved a bong out the window of her high-rise Manhattan apartment building.
TMZ reported in early November that the star is expected to complete treatment at rehab and return home in time for Christmas.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite