Amanda Bynes mentally fit to stand trial for DUI case, judge rules: Report
- Photo: GOAL/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
The judge, who reviewed Bynes' medical records, determined that the former Nickelodeon star is mentally competent to undergo criminal proceedings over her DUI case, according to the report. Bynes, 27, was originally scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 24 regarding her April 2012 DUI arrest that in West Hollywood, but the She's The Man star was a no-show.
A spokesperson from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office told Us Weekly in September, "Her attorney declared a 1368 [Penal Code] hearing to declare a doubt to mental competency. The parties will be due back in court on January 14, 2014 for a progress report."
Bynes was placed in a 5150 psychiatric hold back in July after she set a fire on the driveway of a stranger in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif. The hold was later extended after her mother, Lynn Bynes, assumed conservatorship over her troubled daughter. The actress has been undergoing treatment in a private facility in Los Angeles since September.
Following many months of erratic behavior, the former child star was arrested in NYC for marijuana possession, reckless endangerment and tampering with evidence after she heaved a bong out the window of her high-rise Manhattan apartment building.
TMZ reported in early November that the star is expected to complete treatment at rehab and return home in time for Christmas.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite