Amanda Bynes mentally fit to stand trial for DUI case, judge rules: Report
- Photo: GOAL/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
The judge, who reviewed Bynes' medical records, determined that the former Nickelodeon star is mentally competent to undergo criminal proceedings over her DUI case, according to the report. Bynes, 27, was originally scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 24 regarding her April 2012 DUI arrest that in West Hollywood, but the She's The Man star was a no-show.
A spokesperson from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office told Us Weekly in September, "Her attorney declared a 1368 [Penal Code] hearing to declare a doubt to mental competency. The parties will be due back in court on January 14, 2014 for a progress report."
Bynes was placed in a 5150 psychiatric hold back in July after she set a fire on the driveway of a stranger in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif. The hold was later extended after her mother, Lynn Bynes, assumed conservatorship over her troubled daughter. The actress has been undergoing treatment in a private facility in Los Angeles since September.
Following many months of erratic behavior, the former child star was arrested in NYC for marijuana possession, reckless endangerment and tampering with evidence after she heaved a bong out the window of her high-rise Manhattan apartment building.
TMZ reported in early November that the star is expected to complete treatment at rehab and return home in time for Christmas.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite