Amanda Bynes mentally fit to stand trial for DUI case, judge rules: Report
- Photo: GOAL/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The Strain' Review: Del Toro Makes Reinventing Vampires Look EasyMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Does Katherine Heigl Regret Leaving Grey's Anatomy? MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 12:59:00 PM
- World Cup: Germany, Argentina Scoreless After First Half in FinalMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 12:50:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Addresses Whether She's Difficult, After Some DifficultyMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 12:50:00 PM
- NBC Execs Talk Cosby, 'Hannibal,' and Not Griping About EmmysMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 11:50:00 AM
- 'The Strain' Review: Del Toro Makes Reinventing Vampires Look Easy
The judge, who reviewed Bynes' medical records, determined that the former Nickelodeon star is mentally competent to undergo criminal proceedings over her DUI case, according to the report. Bynes, 27, was originally scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 24 regarding her April 2012 DUI arrest that in West Hollywood, but the She's The Man star was a no-show.
A spokesperson from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office told Us Weekly in September, "Her attorney declared a 1368 [Penal Code] hearing to declare a doubt to mental competency. The parties will be due back in court on January 14, 2014 for a progress report."
Bynes was placed in a 5150 psychiatric hold back in July after she set a fire on the driveway of a stranger in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif. The hold was later extended after her mother, Lynn Bynes, assumed conservatorship over her troubled daughter. The actress has been undergoing treatment in a private facility in Los Angeles since September.
Following many months of erratic behavior, the former child star was arrested in NYC for marijuana possession, reckless endangerment and tampering with evidence after she heaved a bong out the window of her high-rise Manhattan apartment building.
TMZ reported in early November that the star is expected to complete treatment at rehab and return home in time for Christmas.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Bods!
From Crowd Ignite