Amanda Bynes' parents reportedly seeking conservatorship
- Photo: Getty Images/.1 of 17
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: GOAL/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter9 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter13 of 17
- Photo: @AmandaBynes/Twitter14 of 17
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.15 of 17
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Amanda Bynes' parents are reportedly heading to a Los Angeles court on Friday to apply for a temporary conservatorship after the actress was forced to undergo a mental evaluation earlier this week.
RELATED: What happened to Amanda?
Editors at E! News claim Lynn and Rick Bynes want a judge to grant them control of their daughter's financial and personal affairs until the former actress can get her life back on track. Radar Online reports that "documents were filed under seal by Rick and Lynn Bynes on Thursday at the Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard, ahead of the hearing on Friday."
The news emerges three days after police were called to a neighborhood in Thousand Oaks, Calif., not far from where Bynes' mother and father live, after Bynes allegedly started a fire in a resident's driveway. She was taken into custody and placed on a psychiatric hold.
RELATED: Amanda Bynes hospitalized
She had also been cautioned by police on Sunday after she was allegedly discovered trespassing outside a retirement home in Thousand Oaks while reportedly intoxicated.
The incidents were the latest in a string of headline-grabbing scandals involving Bynes. In May, the 27-year-old was accused of reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and possessing marijuana after reportedly throwing a bong out of her New York apartment window during a police raid. She is also facing a charge of driving under the influence after allegedly crashing her car into a police vehicle last year, and a further accusation of driving on a suspended license several months later.
Britney Spears' father Jamie obtained a similar conservatorship in 2008 after the pop superstar was taken into custody on the same psychiatric hold as Bynes. She remains under her dad's conservatorship.
Get out the vote
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite