Amanda Bynes' parents reportedly seeking conservatorship
- Photo: Getty Images/.1 of 17
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: GOAL/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter8 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter9 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter13 of 17
- Photo: @AmandaBynes/Twitter14 of 17
- Photo: amandabynes1986.tumblr.com/Tumblr/.15 of 17
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
Amanda Bynes' parents are reportedly heading to a Los Angeles court on Friday to apply for a temporary conservatorship after the actress was forced to undergo a mental evaluation earlier this week.
RELATED: What happened to Amanda?
Editors at E! News claim Lynn and Rick Bynes want a judge to grant them control of their daughter's financial and personal affairs until the former actress can get her life back on track. Radar Online reports that "documents were filed under seal by Rick and Lynn Bynes on Thursday at the Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard, ahead of the hearing on Friday."
The news emerges three days after police were called to a neighborhood in Thousand Oaks, Calif., not far from where Bynes' mother and father live, after Bynes allegedly started a fire in a resident's driveway. She was taken into custody and placed on a psychiatric hold.
RELATED: Amanda Bynes hospitalized
She had also been cautioned by police on Sunday after she was allegedly discovered trespassing outside a retirement home in Thousand Oaks while reportedly intoxicated.
The incidents were the latest in a string of headline-grabbing scandals involving Bynes. In May, the 27-year-old was accused of reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and possessing marijuana after reportedly throwing a bong out of her New York apartment window during a police raid. She is also facing a charge of driving under the influence after allegedly crashing her car into a police vehicle last year, and a further accusation of driving on a suspended license several months later.
Britney Spears' father Jamie obtained a similar conservatorship in 2008 after the pop superstar was taken into custody on the same psychiatric hold as Bynes. She remains under her dad's conservatorship.
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite