Amber Portwood of 'Teen Mom' Begins Five-Year Prison Sentence
- Photo: Butterworth/Massie/SplashNews/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News2 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News3 of 20
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin4 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: Deano /Ferrett/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: MTV/.8 of 20
- Photo: .9 of 20
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: Star/Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News14 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News15 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News16 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional17 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional18 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:02:00 PM
- A&E Sets Premiere Date for Longmire Season 3MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:40:00 PM
- 'Locke' Review: Tom Hardy Captivates in This One-Man Road TripMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco Chops Off Her HairMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:18:00 PM
- NBC's Comedy Playground Slammed With Trademark Infringement, Unfair Competition SuitMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:16:00 PM
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4
Amber is in the slammer.
Amber Portwood of "Teen Mom" was transported to Indiana's Rockville Correctional Facility on Wednesday, a spokesman for the state's Department of Corrections tells Us Weekly.
For approximately two weeks, Portwood, 22, will undergo a "diagnostic and evaluation period," during which a specific placement decision will be made, the spokesman explains.
"She won't have any [visitors] here at Rockville," he added, though she can receive mail. (Portwood will be able to have regular visitors once she is settled into her permanent placement.)
On June 5, a judge reimposed his original, five-year sentence on the reality star after she chose to give up a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program (which was initially offered to her as a way to avoid serving time, following a December 2011 drug arrest.)
In an interview with ABC News the next day, Portwood explained her shocking decision to give up the rehab program and head to prison instead.
"In my situation, I felt in the program there were a lot of eyes on me. And it was very uncomfortable. I was not using my anti-psych medication, even," she shared. "I was very depressed, all alone, all bitter at everyone. I felt like that wasn't the life I wanted to live. I felt like I'd rather do my time and get it over with."
Portwood made it clear she understands the program itself wasn't at fault.
"It wasn't just the program; it was the fact of being alone. It was personal," the mom to Leah, 3, revealed. "Being alone, feeling like you're hopeless, you have nothing, feeling like an addict, and you're never going to change, even though in your mind you're working so hard. But every time you get to court it's not good enough."
She also had a shocking admission: She recently tried to take her own life, nearly one year after her first suicide attempt in June 2011. "The depression took over," Portwood said of taking 30 Suboxone pills in three days. "I had more than addiction problems. I had . . . mental problems too."
Her daughter with on-again, off-again boyfriend Gary Shirley will be looked after, as he currently has custody of their child. "We'll still have a relationship," she revealed. "We still do."
Portwood also shared her plans to get her life back on track while she serves her time. "I'm not just going to sit," she assured viewers. "I'm going to substance abuse classes. I'm going to get my GED."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite