Amber Portwood of 'Teen Mom' Begins Five-Year Prison Sentence
- Photo: Butterworth/Massie/SplashNews/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News2 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News3 of 20
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin4 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: Deano /Ferrett/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: MTV/.8 of 20
- Photo: .9 of 20
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: Star/Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News14 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News15 of 20
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News16 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional17 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional18 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Rio 2' Soars to No. 1 at Foreign Box Office With $48 millionMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Discovery cancels 'Everest Jump Live' after deadly avalancheMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Even 'Captain America' Can't Stop 'Frozen' at Japan&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In JuneMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:57:00 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Spins $47 Million in Overseas Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:55:00 AM
- 'Rio 2' Soars to No. 1 at Foreign Box Office With $48 million
Amber is in the slammer.
Amber Portwood of "Teen Mom" was transported to Indiana's Rockville Correctional Facility on Wednesday, a spokesman for the state's Department of Corrections tells Us Weekly.
For approximately two weeks, Portwood, 22, will undergo a "diagnostic and evaluation period," during which a specific placement decision will be made, the spokesman explains.
"She won't have any [visitors] here at Rockville," he added, though she can receive mail. (Portwood will be able to have regular visitors once she is settled into her permanent placement.)
On June 5, a judge reimposed his original, five-year sentence on the reality star after she chose to give up a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program (which was initially offered to her as a way to avoid serving time, following a December 2011 drug arrest.)
In an interview with ABC News the next day, Portwood explained her shocking decision to give up the rehab program and head to prison instead.
"In my situation, I felt in the program there were a lot of eyes on me. And it was very uncomfortable. I was not using my anti-psych medication, even," she shared. "I was very depressed, all alone, all bitter at everyone. I felt like that wasn't the life I wanted to live. I felt like I'd rather do my time and get it over with."
Portwood made it clear she understands the program itself wasn't at fault.
"It wasn't just the program; it was the fact of being alone. It was personal," the mom to Leah, 3, revealed. "Being alone, feeling like you're hopeless, you have nothing, feeling like an addict, and you're never going to change, even though in your mind you're working so hard. But every time you get to court it's not good enough."
She also had a shocking admission: She recently tried to take her own life, nearly one year after her first suicide attempt in June 2011. "The depression took over," Portwood said of taking 30 Suboxone pills in three days. "I had more than addiction problems. I had . . . mental problems too."
Her daughter with on-again, off-again boyfriend Gary Shirley will be looked after, as he currently has custody of their child. "We'll still have a relationship," she revealed. "We still do."
Portwood also shared her plans to get her life back on track while she serves her time. "I'm not just going to sit," she assured viewers. "I'm going to substance abuse classes. I'm going to get my GED."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite