Amber Portwood breaks silence in first post-prison interview: I was always high while filming ‘Teen Mom’
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Ruano/Flynetpictures.com/Wonderwall2 of 7
- Photo: Butterworth/Massie/SplashNews/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Deano/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- First Look: Meet Grimm's Newest Wesen: Octo-Man!MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Fight Club 2' Coming to Comics Courtesy of Book's Author Chuck PalahniukMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &
It looks like Amber Portwood's jail time has done her some good. After serving 17 months of her five-year sentence, the former "Teen Mom" star was released in November 2013, and broke her silence about her experience in an episode of "Dr. Phil," set to air on Dec. 20.
"This is actually my first time on stage sober, so I'm really nervous," she revealed to the talk show host in a preview clip .
Portwood confirmed to Dr. Phil that, indeed, she was almost always under the influence while filming the controversial MTV reality series.
"Every time you see me on that show, I am high," she continued.
The single, 23-year-old mother (to daughter Leah Shirley, 5) opted for a five-year jail sentence in May 2012 after relapsing following previous rehab stints for her addiction to prescription pills.
After a series of domestic violence arrests (prior to her jail sentence), Portwood attempted to take her own life in June 2011. She called ex-boyfriend and Leah's father Gary Shirley to tell him that she was trying to commit suicide and police found her semi-conscious with a noose around her neck.
Dr. Phil asked the troubled star if she really wanted to end her life.
"I didn't care," she replied.
Amber Portwood's interview with Dr. Phil airs on Dec. 20.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite