Amber Portwood Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Butterworth/Massie/SplashNews/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Deano /Ferrett/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: MTV/.8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Madison County/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Star/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Star/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
By Wonderwall Editors
An Indiana judge has sentenced “Teen Mom” star Amber Portwood to five years in prison, according to TMZ. The sentencing follows the 22-year-old's failed attempt at completing a drug treatment program that would have stayed her previous five year term, and could even have helped her appeal for a shorter one.
Instead, Portwood asked to return to prison, which she did last week, and has been waiting since then to hear the terms of her new sentence.
The jail time stems from an arrest in December when she was found in possession of prescription pills including hydrocodone and muscle relaxants, according to GossipCop. At the time of her arrest, she was still on probation for assaulting Gary Shirley, the father of her child.
TMZ reports that Portwood will now be referred to the Indiana Department of Corrections therapeutic community program, where she'll have access to drug treatment while serving her time. She is also expected to get credit for the time she has already served.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite