Amber Portwood Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Butterworth/Massie/SplashNews/Splash News2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Brian Prahl/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: Deano /Ferrett/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: MTV/.8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Madison County/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Star/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Star/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
By Wonderwall Editors
An Indiana judge has sentenced “Teen Mom” star Amber Portwood to five years in prison, according to TMZ. The sentencing follows the 22-year-old's failed attempt at completing a drug treatment program that would have stayed her previous five year term, and could even have helped her appeal for a shorter one.
Instead, Portwood asked to return to prison, which she did last week, and has been waiting since then to hear the terms of her new sentence.
The jail time stems from an arrest in December when she was found in possession of prescription pills including hydrocodone and muscle relaxants, according to GossipCop. At the time of her arrest, she was still on probation for assaulting Gary Shirley, the father of her child.
TMZ reports that Portwood will now be referred to the Indiana Department of Corrections therapeutic community program, where she'll have access to drug treatment while serving her time. She is also expected to get credit for the time she has already served.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite