Amber Tamblyn: Why I Wore a Yellow Wedding Dress
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: D.Maryannakis/Johns/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
No basic white for this unique bride.
When it came time for Amber Tamblyn to tie the knot with love David Cross, the "House, M.D." actress instead picked a bright-hued, yellow gown that perfectly complemented her fair complexion and red hair.
"It was marigold, and it had a train in the back that was cream," Tamblyn, 29, clarified to Us Weekly at the WIRED Store Opening Night party in NYC Nov. 29. "Like a center-piece that was cut out in the middle." (Tamblyn didn't mention the frock's designer.)
Boring old white wouldn't have fit her personality anyway, Tamblyn explained: "There's nothing really traditional about me."
The flowy choice for her whimsical, early October wedding -- Tamblyn was barefoot, and arrived via canoe for the woodland ceremony -- allowed the actress to dance the night away with her guests, including Amy Poehler and her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants costars Blake Lively, America Ferrera and Alexis Bledel. (Lively brought hubby Ryan Reynolds as her date.)
This is the first marriage for both Tamblyn and Arrested Development star Cross, who confirmed their engagement in August 2011.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Bump
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite