Amber Tamblyn: Why I Wore a Yellow Wedding Dress
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: D.Maryannakis/Johns/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
No basic white for this unique bride.
When it came time for Amber Tamblyn to tie the knot with love David Cross, the "House, M.D." actress instead picked a bright-hued, yellow gown that perfectly complemented her fair complexion and red hair.
"It was marigold, and it had a train in the back that was cream," Tamblyn, 29, clarified to Us Weekly at the WIRED Store Opening Night party in NYC Nov. 29. "Like a center-piece that was cut out in the middle." (Tamblyn didn't mention the frock's designer.)
Boring old white wouldn't have fit her personality anyway, Tamblyn explained: "There's nothing really traditional about me."
The flowy choice for her whimsical, early October wedding -- Tamblyn was barefoot, and arrived via canoe for the woodland ceremony -- allowed the actress to dance the night away with her guests, including Amy Poehler and her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants costars Blake Lively, America Ferrera and Alexis Bledel. (Lively brought hubby Ryan Reynolds as her date.)
This is the first marriage for both Tamblyn and Arrested Development star Cross, who confirmed their engagement in August 2011.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite