Amber Tamblyn: Why I Wore a Yellow Wedding Dress
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: D.Maryannakis/Johns/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
No basic white for this unique bride.
When it came time for Amber Tamblyn to tie the knot with love David Cross, the "House, M.D." actress instead picked a bright-hued, yellow gown that perfectly complemented her fair complexion and red hair.
"It was marigold, and it had a train in the back that was cream," Tamblyn, 29, clarified to Us Weekly at the WIRED Store Opening Night party in NYC Nov. 29. "Like a center-piece that was cut out in the middle." (Tamblyn didn't mention the frock's designer.)
Boring old white wouldn't have fit her personality anyway, Tamblyn explained: "There's nothing really traditional about me."
The flowy choice for her whimsical, early October wedding -- Tamblyn was barefoot, and arrived via canoe for the woodland ceremony -- allowed the actress to dance the night away with her guests, including Amy Poehler and her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants costars Blake Lively, America Ferrera and Alexis Bledel. (Lively brought hubby Ryan Reynolds as her date.)
This is the first marriage for both Tamblyn and Arrested Development star Cross, who confirmed their engagement in August 2011.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite