Amber Tamblyn: Why I Wore a Yellow Wedding Dress
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: JM11/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: D.Maryannakis/Johns/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
No basic white for this unique bride.
When it came time for Amber Tamblyn to tie the knot with love David Cross, the "House, M.D." actress instead picked a bright-hued, yellow gown that perfectly complemented her fair complexion and red hair.
"It was marigold, and it had a train in the back that was cream," Tamblyn, 29, clarified to Us Weekly at the WIRED Store Opening Night party in NYC Nov. 29. "Like a center-piece that was cut out in the middle." (Tamblyn didn't mention the frock's designer.)
Boring old white wouldn't have fit her personality anyway, Tamblyn explained: "There's nothing really traditional about me."
The flowy choice for her whimsical, early October wedding -- Tamblyn was barefoot, and arrived via canoe for the woodland ceremony -- allowed the actress to dance the night away with her guests, including Amy Poehler and her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants costars Blake Lively, America Ferrera and Alexis Bledel. (Lively brought hubby Ryan Reynolds as her date.)
This is the first marriage for both Tamblyn and Arrested Development star Cross, who confirmed their engagement in August 2011.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite