Anderson Cooper: I went temporarily blind
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Roberson/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: @andersoncooper/Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'TrailerMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:00:13 AM
- How a Song About Custer Morphed Into 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Globe Nominee &aposMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:34:26 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Interprets Fake Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:30:14 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'Trailer
Anderson Cooper is opening up about a health scare last week that caused him to go blind for 36 hours while he was shooting on location out of the country.
On today's episode of his daytime talk show "Anderson Live," Cooper said he woke up in the middle of the night with burning eyes and later discovered that he'd temporarily gone blind while shooting a story for the CBS News show "60 Minutes" in Portugal.
He said the shooting schedule required him to be on a boat for a few hours on an overcast day and he later discovered that and the sun exposure caused his eye problems. "I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire -- my eyeballs -- and I think, oh maybe I have sand in my eyes or something," he explained. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway, it turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind."
Cooper, 45, said he had no idea it was possible for sun exposure to cause blindness, which in his case lasted 36 hours. He also shows a couple of photos showing him wearing patches over his eyes. "That's my new Match.com profile picture by the way, I think that's going to really work for me," he joked to his guest-host, Christie Brinkley.
Tune in to Tuesday's edition of "Anderson Live" for more -- including a visit by "Dancing with the Stars" contender Gilles Marini, who shows off some of his best dance moves with Brinkley.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite