Anderson Cooper Slams Star Jones for Comments on His Coming-Out
- Photo: WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: IZ2/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Roberson/Invision/AP8 of 19
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet10 of 19
- Photo: WENN11 of 19
- Photo: WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 19
- Photo: @andersoncooper/Twitter14 of 19
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Anderson Cooper is lashing out at Star Jones for suggesting that his public acknowledgment in an email earlier this year that he's gay was a ploy to boost TV ratings.
During an exchange with Bravo TV personality Andy Cohen, who was guest-hosting with Cooper on his talk show "Anderson Live," the newsman-talk show host said that despite generally favorable reaction to his coming-out, Jones was out of line in her comments on a TV morning show.
"The only thing that did kind of annoy me -- and actually it annoyed my mom, who brought it up to me -- Star Jones, of all people," Cooper says in a clip from Thursday's episode of "Anderson Live." "I haven't thought about Star Jones in I don't know how long. ... Anyway, out of the blue, Star Jones said after I sent this email, Star Jones said this was a ratings ploy by me to boost ratings."
Cohen points out that at the time Jones made the comments, Cooper's talk show was actually on a break and he was also on an assignment on CNN that kept him off the air for several days after his announcement.
"That's why it so annoyed me," Cooper adds. "Because of all the ways to boost ratings, like if I was wanting to boost ratings, I would have waited to announce it on a very special episode, that would have been promoed for weeks and weeks and there would have been commercials. ... But instead I was in Africa on assignment for '60 Minutes,' I sent an email to a friend of mine who put it on a website. I gave no interviews about it, I never talked about it."
Watch the clip to hear Cooper's criticism of Jones for "hawking her wedding every single day to get free products" and "lying about her gastric bypass surgery."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite