Anderson Cooper wears the same jeans daily, washes them 'maybe twice in six months'
- Photo: WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Roberson/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 11
- Photo: IZ2/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 nomsMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:35:05 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- "12 Years a Slave" tops SAG Awards with 4 noms
Anderson Cooper takes extreme measures to ensure his jeans look pristine.
While speaking to fashion consultant Stacy London on "Anderson Live" on Dec. 6, the 45-year-old TV host admitted his wardrobe doesn't have much variety. "In my real life, I wear a T-shirt, gray or white, and the same pair of jeans," Cooper said. "Literally, the same pair of jeans every day."
He added, "They have these jeans you don't have to wash now -- or so they say. It's true!"
London, 43, seemed skeptical. "I went to this store, APC, which has really nice stuff," Cooper explained. "And you buy these things, and the person said to me, 'Don't wash them for a long time.' They mean like six months, I think."
The "What Not to Wear" co-host argued that "six months is probably a little long" between washes, but to maintain "the integrity of your denim, you should wash it in cold water -- no soap -- and air-dry it."
Cooper admitted he's washed his jeans "maybe twice in six months."
"The times I've done it, I've worn them and walked into my shower with them, and put some soap on them, and then air-dried them," he continued. "Isn't that how you are supposed to do it?"
When London advised him not to use soap, Cooper seemed confused. "That's not really washing them off, so why even bother?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite