Anderson Cooper wears the same jeans daily, washes them 'maybe twice in six months'
- Photo: WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Roberson/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 11
- Photo: IZ2/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Anderson Cooper takes extreme measures to ensure his jeans look pristine.
While speaking to fashion consultant Stacy London on "Anderson Live" on Dec. 6, the 45-year-old TV host admitted his wardrobe doesn't have much variety. "In my real life, I wear a T-shirt, gray or white, and the same pair of jeans," Cooper said. "Literally, the same pair of jeans every day."
He added, "They have these jeans you don't have to wash now -- or so they say. It's true!"
London, 43, seemed skeptical. "I went to this store, APC, which has really nice stuff," Cooper explained. "And you buy these things, and the person said to me, 'Don't wash them for a long time.' They mean like six months, I think."
The "What Not to Wear" co-host argued that "six months is probably a little long" between washes, but to maintain "the integrity of your denim, you should wash it in cold water -- no soap -- and air-dry it."
Cooper admitted he's washed his jeans "maybe twice in six months."
"The times I've done it, I've worn them and walked into my shower with them, and put some soap on them, and then air-dried them," he continued. "Isn't that how you are supposed to do it?"
When London advised him not to use soap, Cooper seemed confused. "That's not really washing them off, so why even bother?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite