Anderson Cooper wears the same jeans daily, washes them 'maybe twice in six months'
- Photo: WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Roberson/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 11
- Photo: IZ2/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
Anderson Cooper takes extreme measures to ensure his jeans look pristine.
While speaking to fashion consultant Stacy London on "Anderson Live" on Dec. 6, the 45-year-old TV host admitted his wardrobe doesn't have much variety. "In my real life, I wear a T-shirt, gray or white, and the same pair of jeans," Cooper said. "Literally, the same pair of jeans every day."
He added, "They have these jeans you don't have to wash now -- or so they say. It's true!"
London, 43, seemed skeptical. "I went to this store, APC, which has really nice stuff," Cooper explained. "And you buy these things, and the person said to me, 'Don't wash them for a long time.' They mean like six months, I think."
The "What Not to Wear" co-host argued that "six months is probably a little long" between washes, but to maintain "the integrity of your denim, you should wash it in cold water -- no soap -- and air-dry it."
Cooper admitted he's washed his jeans "maybe twice in six months."
"The times I've done it, I've worn them and walked into my shower with them, and put some soap on them, and then air-dried them," he continued. "Isn't that how you are supposed to do it?"
When London advised him not to use soap, Cooper seemed confused. "That's not really washing them off, so why even bother?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite