April Fools'! Snooki elopes, Mike Tyson removes face tattoo and other celebrities prank fans
- Photo: celebuzz.com/celebrities/snooki//.1 of 11
- Photo: @snooki/Twitter2 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: Carlos Tischler/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Farrah Abraham/@F1abraham/Twitter5 of 11
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Splash News7 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Desiree Navarro/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: @JoanRivers/Twitter10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse AllegationsMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Amanda Seyfried Joins Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund in Joe Wright's 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse Allegations
Gotcha! Snooki, Mike Tyson, Joan Rivers, and even the White House got into the spirit of April Fools' Day on Monday, with a few headline-making tweets that may have just been hoaxes.
Snooki, who has previously stated that she won't be tying the knot with her fiancé, Jionni LaValle, anytime soon, tweeted a shot of herself in an elaborate lace gown getup (complete with diamond-encrusted tiara) on Monday afternoon, with the caption, "Jionni and I eloped! Here's a pic of the magical day!"
Dubious fans weren't so quick to buy into the former "Jersey Shore" star's "news," however. Even LaValle weighed in on Snooki's excited tweet, with a joking, "Mannn you fooled me!"
Boxing champ Tyson, 46, also got in on the feel-good fun, claiming that he was "at the doctors office this morning. Getting this tattoo removed from my face."
"This is going to be painful," he tweeted, as fans weighed in with their disbelief. Two hours later, however, the famous athlete couldn't keep a straight face anymore and admitted to his joke.
"Ok. April Fools. There is no #GoodbyeMikeTysonTattoo," he reassured fans. "This tattoo is with me forever."
Some celebrity tweets weren't quite so clear about their joke-y nature, however. Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham, 21, who was arrested for a DUI in March and who has previously been in the news for waxing her 3-year-old daughter's eyebrows, posted the big news that she's looking to expand her family -- by adopting.
"Big day for Sophia & I," she shared on the social media site on Monday morning. "Were adopting a baby brother, Sophie is super excited xo! Adopting is a #blessing."
Though a few fans responded to Abraham's tweet with a hearty congratulations, most were quick to shoot the tweet down as an April Fools' Day joke.
"Clearly this will be a pet or an April fools joke," one follower commented.
Comedienne Rivers, who's always game for a laugh, got in on Twitter's April Fools' Day joke one day early, sharing her take on Twitter's fake "two-tiered service" -- a system that involves a removal of all vowels.
"We're doing this because we believe that by eliminating vowels, we'll encourage a more efficient and 'dense' form of communication," the company announced on its blog. "We also see an opportunity to diversify our revenue stream."
"Twyttr? Why byy vywyls whyn yyy gyt 'Y' fyr fryy? Syckyrs!" Rivers tweeted.
But it was the White House that got the biggest jab at America with its own version of an April Fools' Day tweet.
"This morning, the White House released a special video message from the President," the message read, linking to a Youtube video that showed an official-looking White House podium.
Instead of President Obama, however, it was "kid president" Robbie Novak who appeared on-screen.
"It looks like you were expecting someone else," the tiny politician said, wishing everyone an "awesome day" before walking offstage.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite