Ariel Winter's grandfather defends daughter in abuse claims
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 19
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 19
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: WENN11 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/American Broadcasting Companies14 of 19
- Photo: Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: .17 of 19
- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
Ariel Winter's grandfather has spoken out in defense of his daughter following claims she is abusing the teenage actress.
James Batistas insists his daughter Chrystal Workman is a "very good mother to all the children" and that he never witnessed any abuse of the “Modern Family” star. Winter stated in court last month that she was subjected to ongoing physical and emotional abuse including "vile name calling" and "slapping, hitting and pushing,” which Workman denies.
RELATED: Winter's mom denies abuse claims
The 14-year-old was removed from her mother's home following the allegations and her older sister Shanelle Workman now has temporary guardianship In a declaration filed in the guardianship case, Batistas writes, "I have never seen any abuse from my daughter or son-in-law towards my granddaughters neither physical nor emotionally."
In the document, Batistas adds that Shanelle lived with him when she was 16 after she also accused her mother of abuse, nearly 20 years ago. Shanelle was in the foster care system for more than two years before Batistas took custody and moved her to his home in Virginia, according to TMZ.com Batistas ended his statement by insisting he wants to see his family reunited.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite