Ariel Winter's grandfather defends daughter in abuse claims
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 19
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 19
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP10 of 19
- Photo: WENN11 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/American Broadcasting Companies14 of 19
- Photo: Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: .17 of 19
- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
Ariel Winter's grandfather has spoken out in defense of his daughter following claims she is abusing the teenage actress.
James Batistas insists his daughter Chrystal Workman is a "very good mother to all the children" and that he never witnessed any abuse of the “Modern Family” star. Winter stated in court last month that she was subjected to ongoing physical and emotional abuse including "vile name calling" and "slapping, hitting and pushing,” which Workman denies.
RELATED: Winter's mom denies abuse claims
The 14-year-old was removed from her mother's home following the allegations and her older sister Shanelle Workman now has temporary guardianship In a declaration filed in the guardianship case, Batistas writes, "I have never seen any abuse from my daughter or son-in-law towards my granddaughters neither physical nor emotionally."
In the document, Batistas adds that Shanelle lived with him when she was 16 after she also accused her mother of abuse, nearly 20 years ago. Shanelle was in the foster care system for more than two years before Batistas took custody and moved her to his home in Virginia, according to TMZ.com Batistas ended his statement by insisting he wants to see his family reunited.
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Beyonce posts behind-the-scenes shots of the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite