Ariel Winter's grandfather defends daughter in abuse claims
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 19
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 19
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: WENN11 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/American Broadcasting Companies14 of 19
- Photo: Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: .17 of 19
- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Ariel Winter's grandfather has spoken out in defense of his daughter following claims she is abusing the teenage actress.
James Batistas insists his daughter Chrystal Workman is a "very good mother to all the children" and that he never witnessed any abuse of the “Modern Family” star. Winter stated in court last month that she was subjected to ongoing physical and emotional abuse including "vile name calling" and "slapping, hitting and pushing,” which Workman denies.
RELATED: Winter's mom denies abuse claims
The 14-year-old was removed from her mother's home following the allegations and her older sister Shanelle Workman now has temporary guardianship In a declaration filed in the guardianship case, Batistas writes, "I have never seen any abuse from my daughter or son-in-law towards my granddaughters neither physical nor emotionally."
In the document, Batistas adds that Shanelle lived with him when she was 16 after she also accused her mother of abuse, nearly 20 years ago. Shanelle was in the foster care system for more than two years before Batistas took custody and moved her to his home in Virginia, according to TMZ.com Batistas ended his statement by insisting he wants to see his family reunited.
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite