Ariel Winter's mother denied custody: 'Modern Family' star staying with sister
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Parry/The Paley Center for Media/.2 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Ariel Winter won't be reuniting with her mother, Chrisoula "Crystal" Workman, anytime soon. TMZ reports that Workman recently filed legal documents asking to be granted custody of her daughter, but the judge refused.
The 15-year-old "Modern Family" actress was removed from Workman's home in November 2012 amid allegations of physical and emotional abuse. Workman denied the allegations, but Winter was placed under a temporary guardianship with older sister Shanelle Gray.
According to the court order obtained by TMZ, the judge extended Gray's guardianship of Winter after Workman "presented no evidence that there were any changes or repair of damage to their relationship." Workman will have a custody trial in September.
Winter told Teen Vogue in March that she was happy living with her sister. "My life is definitely more normal -- and that'll help me grow up like I'm supposed to," she said. "Like, I always wanted to be a dancer, and now I'm taking dance classes. And I didn't have many friends. It was all about work. Nowadays, my sister's like, 'You're supposed to have friends. You're supposed to go out on Friday and Saturday nights.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite