Ariel Winter's mother denied custody: 'Modern Family' star staying with sister
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Parry/The Paley Center for Media/.2 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
Ariel Winter won't be reuniting with her mother, Chrisoula "Crystal" Workman, anytime soon. TMZ reports that Workman recently filed legal documents asking to be granted custody of her daughter, but the judge refused.
The 15-year-old "Modern Family" actress was removed from Workman's home in November 2012 amid allegations of physical and emotional abuse. Workman denied the allegations, but Winter was placed under a temporary guardianship with older sister Shanelle Gray.
According to the court order obtained by TMZ, the judge extended Gray's guardianship of Winter after Workman "presented no evidence that there were any changes or repair of damage to their relationship." Workman will have a custody trial in September.
Winter told Teen Vogue in March that she was happy living with her sister. "My life is definitely more normal -- and that'll help me grow up like I'm supposed to," she said. "Like, I always wanted to be a dancer, and now I'm taking dance classes. And I didn't have many friends. It was all about work. Nowadays, my sister's like, 'You're supposed to have friends. You're supposed to go out on Friday and Saturday nights.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Ke$ha's worst fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite