Ariel Winter's mother denied custody: 'Modern Family' star staying with sister
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Parry/The Paley Center for Media/.2 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com10 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin11 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Ariel Winter won't be reuniting with her mother, Chrisoula "Crystal" Workman, anytime soon. TMZ reports that Workman recently filed legal documents asking to be granted custody of her daughter, but the judge refused.
The 15-year-old "Modern Family" actress was removed from Workman's home in November 2012 amid allegations of physical and emotional abuse. Workman denied the allegations, but Winter was placed under a temporary guardianship with older sister Shanelle Gray.
According to the court order obtained by TMZ, the judge extended Gray's guardianship of Winter after Workman "presented no evidence that there were any changes or repair of damage to their relationship." Workman will have a custody trial in September.
Winter told Teen Vogue in March that she was happy living with her sister. "My life is definitely more normal -- and that'll help me grow up like I'm supposed to," she said. "Like, I always wanted to be a dancer, and now I'm taking dance classes. And I didn't have many friends. It was all about work. Nowadays, my sister's like, 'You're supposed to have friends. You're supposed to go out on Friday and Saturday nights.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite