Ashley Judd Fires Back at Puffy Face Gibes
- Photo: VINCE BUCCI/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Picasa/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin3 of 14
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.4 of 14
- Photo: Michael Conroy/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: JIM COOPER/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 14
- Photo: J. Pat Carter/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital9 of 14
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News10 of 14
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Actress Ashley Judd has taken aim at the media for jumping to conclusions and suggesting she had undergone cosmetic surgery after the star's face appeared "puffy" on a TV show.
RELATED: Ashley Judd Joins Uganda Campaign
The "Frida" star recently wrote a piece for The Daily Beast, reiterating that her appearance was the result of steroid medication for a cold and reprimanding careless journalists and bloggers who were quick to report she had gone under the knife.
Calling the stories an "assault" on the female body image, Judd writes, "The hypersexualization of girls and women and subsequent degradation of our sexuality ... is what this conversation allegedly about my face is really about."
And she admits she was upset to learn that many of those who stated she had "clearly had work done" were women.
The actress adds, "That women are joining in the ongoing disassembling of my appearance is salient.
"This abnormal obsession with women's faces and bodies has become so normal that we (I include myself at times -- I absolutely fall for it still) have internalized patriarchy almost seamlessly. We are unable at times to identify ourselves as our own denigrating abusers, or as abusing other girls and women."
She concludes her article by writing, "I hope the sharing of my thoughts can generate a new conversation: Why was a puffy face cause for such a conversation in the first place? If this conversation about me is going to be had, I will do my part to insist that it is a feminist one, because it has been misogynistic from the start."
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite