Ashton Kutcher: I Couldn't Be With a Woman Who 'Needed to Change Me'
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital4 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital7 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Andre Penner/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: Nancy Barr/Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.10 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: AO1/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: CS5/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP16 of 18
- Photo: JM11/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- Horror Movie 'Inner Demons' Acquired by IFC MidnightMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Tried to Settle Michael Egan Sex Abuse Lawsuit for $100,000 (Report)MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- CW to Honor Dogs With Glitzy Awards ShowMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:35:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest Quarter
Isn't it ironic?
Before wife Demi Moore announced she was ending their six-year marriage, Ashton Kutcher posed for the December cover of Men's Health magazine, and gave a quick, prescient interview with sister mag Women's Health.
Kutcher, 33, might look back on a few of his comments with a bit of regret.
"I'm relatively scared of failure," he told Men's Health. "But I just don't see it as something that's inevitable."
His comments to Women's Health, however, truly belie some of the marital issues that likely led Moore, 49, to end their union.
When asked about the best relationship advice he's ever received, "I think it’s all about working on the relationship and making it better...when it’s good. Don't wait for a problem to work on things. The goal is not to get into a relationship; the goal is to be in a relationship."
(On Thursday, nearly two months after Us accused Kutcher of cheating on Moore with 22-year-old Sara Leal, Moore said in a statement that she had decided to end their marriage.)
When asked to finish the sentence "I could never be with a woman who..." Kutcher's reply was also intriguing: "Wow, that’s tough. I could never be with a woman who felt like she needed to change me."
He adds, "I would just like a woman someday, somewhere, at some point in my life to say to me, 'You're a great listener.' Haven't heard it yet, and that's a superior compliment to get from a woman. But I'm going to work on it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite