Ashton Kutcher: 'I'm Not Replacing Charlie Sheen'
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meeno Peluce/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Details4 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Fox/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Brian Harkin/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
Ashton Kutcher -- who makes his first appearance on the season premiere of Two and a Half Men this Monday -- says he's not trying to fill Charlie Sheen's shoes.
Kutcher -- speaking Thursday to CBS' Early Show co-anchor Chris Wragge -- also said: "I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
"I just offhandedly mentioned to a friend (that), if they offer me that job, I'd take it," Kutcher said. "It's always sort of nice to jump on something that's already moving and successful and people already have an appetite for. It just seemed like the best job in the world".
But Kutcher wants fans of the show to know he's not trying to fill Sheen's shoes.
"Here's the thing," Kutcher said. "Charlie was incredible on the show and I can't, there's no way I'm going to replace Charlie Sheen. I'm not playing his character. But it's the same people that have been making people laugh the last eight years are going to keep making people laugh."
Kutcher admitted to being somewhat nervous at his first taping of the show. He told Wragge: "I was just trying to remember my lines. The audience was pretty teed up, so it kind of felt like it really didn't matter what I did. People were just happy to have the show back."
When asked why he sports a beard for the character, Kutcher said it's "a bit of a Jesus thing," saying with a laugh, "Well, in the first episode, I am resurrected from the dead so ... it should be interesting."
(On the show, Kutcher plays Walden Schmidt, an Internet billionaire with a broken heart).
With all the behind the scenes drama involving Charlie Sheen, Wragge asked if Kutcher had any apprehensions.
"I had apprehensions for several reasons. I have a relatively successful film career, and I knew it would shut down that for a minute. I had a little apprehension about that because, when you have a good thing going, you don't want to put the pause button on it."
The new season of Two and a Half Men premieres Monday, September 19th – the same night that Comedy Central airs its roast of Charlie Sheen.
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTElegant Elle
From Crowd Ignite