Ashton Kutcher: 'I'm Not Replacing Charlie Sheen'
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meeno Peluce/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: Mario Testino/Details4 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Fox/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Brian Harkin/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Ashton Kutcher -- who makes his first appearance on the season premiere of Two and a Half Men this Monday -- says he's not trying to fill Charlie Sheen's shoes.
Kutcher -- speaking Thursday to CBS' Early Show co-anchor Chris Wragge -- also said: "I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
"I just offhandedly mentioned to a friend (that), if they offer me that job, I'd take it," Kutcher said. "It's always sort of nice to jump on something that's already moving and successful and people already have an appetite for. It just seemed like the best job in the world".
But Kutcher wants fans of the show to know he's not trying to fill Sheen's shoes.
"Here's the thing," Kutcher said. "Charlie was incredible on the show and I can't, there's no way I'm going to replace Charlie Sheen. I'm not playing his character. But it's the same people that have been making people laugh the last eight years are going to keep making people laugh."
Kutcher admitted to being somewhat nervous at his first taping of the show. He told Wragge: "I was just trying to remember my lines. The audience was pretty teed up, so it kind of felt like it really didn't matter what I did. People were just happy to have the show back."
When asked why he sports a beard for the character, Kutcher said it's "a bit of a Jesus thing," saying with a laugh, "Well, in the first episode, I am resurrected from the dead so ... it should be interesting."
(On the show, Kutcher plays Walden Schmidt, an Internet billionaire with a broken heart).
With all the behind the scenes drama involving Charlie Sheen, Wragge asked if Kutcher had any apprehensions.
"I had apprehensions for several reasons. I have a relatively successful film career, and I knew it would shut down that for a minute. I had a little apprehension about that because, when you have a good thing going, you don't want to put the pause button on it."
The new season of Two and a Half Men premieres Monday, September 19th – the same night that Comedy Central airs its roast of Charlie Sheen.
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite