Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis engagement: 'He was planning this all along'
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 16
- Photo: MAE/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Jason Webber/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: KR4/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Corbis6 of 16
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: RAAK/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: Dean, MRM/NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- CNN Anchor Calls Fox Nation 'Willfully Ignorant Fsticks'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:41:00 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your Frie
Today is the first day of the rest of Ashton Kutcher's life ... with Mila Kunis. As Us Weekly confirmed late on Feb. 27, the couple of nearly two years are ready to make it official, and Kunis, 30, flashed an unmistakable diamond ring while shopping at the Grove in Los Angeles earlier that day.
"They are engaged," a source tells Us. "The ring is tasteful," adds the source, who estimates that the simple rock is around 5 to 6 carats. The "Two and a Half Men" actor proposed about a month ago, with Kunis wearing her new jewelry "out and about." The proposal was "very sincere and simple," the source reveals, adding that the low-key pair simply told family and a few close friends. And they're eager to exchange their vows, too: "It won't be a long engagement."
"He wants to marry her soon and start their life together," concurs a close Kutcher confidante. "He was planning this all along." The former That 70s Show costars began dating in the spring of 2012. The main obstacle that prevented Kutcher from proposing earlier? His protracted divorce proceedings with Demi Moore; he and the Margin Call actress, 51, split bitterly in fall 2011 but didn't finalize their divorce until last November.
"This was the plan," the Kutcher source adds. "Once the divorce was final he got it ready and proposed. He knew through most of the time he was trying to get the divorce over with he would propose as soon as it was over."
Kutcher was by his wife-to-be's side during a Feb. 19 event at Bill's Food and Drink in NYC for Jim Beam, the bourbon brand which recently named Kunis its ambassador. As the "Ted" actress (sans ring) unveiled her ads and sipped custom Jim Beam cocktails, Kutcher "was reacting to the ads and laughing at her jokes, looking adoringly at her," an observer says.
"She mentioned that she and Ashton had been spending 'every second they could' together and that she loved having him there," the attendee adds.
Says the Kutcher pal of the couple: "I really do think this is forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite