Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis engagement: 'He was planning this all along'
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 16
- Photo: MAE/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Jason Webber/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: KR4/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Corbis6 of 16
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: RAAK/GSI14 of 16
- Photo: Dean, MRM/NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Today is the first day of the rest of Ashton Kutcher's life ... with Mila Kunis. As Us Weekly confirmed late on Feb. 27, the couple of nearly two years are ready to make it official, and Kunis, 30, flashed an unmistakable diamond ring while shopping at the Grove in Los Angeles earlier that day.
"They are engaged," a source tells Us. "The ring is tasteful," adds the source, who estimates that the simple rock is around 5 to 6 carats. The "Two and a Half Men" actor proposed about a month ago, with Kunis wearing her new jewelry "out and about." The proposal was "very sincere and simple," the source reveals, adding that the low-key pair simply told family and a few close friends. And they're eager to exchange their vows, too: "It won't be a long engagement."
"He wants to marry her soon and start their life together," concurs a close Kutcher confidante. "He was planning this all along." The former That 70s Show costars began dating in the spring of 2012. The main obstacle that prevented Kutcher from proposing earlier? His protracted divorce proceedings with Demi Moore; he and the Margin Call actress, 51, split bitterly in fall 2011 but didn't finalize their divorce until last November.
"This was the plan," the Kutcher source adds. "Once the divorce was final he got it ready and proposed. He knew through most of the time he was trying to get the divorce over with he would propose as soon as it was over."
Kutcher was by his wife-to-be's side during a Feb. 19 event at Bill's Food and Drink in NYC for Jim Beam, the bourbon brand which recently named Kunis its ambassador. As the "Ted" actress (sans ring) unveiled her ads and sipped custom Jim Beam cocktails, Kutcher "was reacting to the ads and laughing at her jokes, looking adoringly at her," an observer says.
"She mentioned that she and Ashton had been spending 'every second they could' together and that she loved having him there," the attendee adds.
Says the Kutcher pal of the couple: "I really do think this is forever."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite