'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard 'Not Speaking' to Daughter Ricki's Grandparents
- Photo: ABC/Promotional1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
- What is Jewish Humor? Justin Timberlake 'Smells a Trap' for Coen Brothers in CanneMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 5:13:00 AM
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking OdeMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 6:30:49 PM
- Deals: Weinstein's RADiUS Buys 'Blue Ruin' After Cannes Premiere MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 4:58:13 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)
Turns out Emily Maynard's life is just as drama-filled behind the scenes.
Though she still receives financial support from them, sources tell Us Weekly the Season 8 "Bachelorette" is currently butting heads with daughter Ricki's grandparents -- her deceased fiance Ricky Hendrick's folks -- over her decision to take part in the ABC show.
"When Emily went on 'The Bachelor,' they weren't pleased, but they supported her," one insider tells Us. But after Maynard, 26, signed up to give reality show romance another shot as the "Bachelorette," Hendrick's parents were "livid."
"Now they're not speaking," the insider shares. "They don't want their grandchild in the spotlight. They are private people."
The source also reveals that Maynard's insistence that her season be filmed in her hometown of Charlotte, N.C., -- rather than in Los Angeles -- was intended to pacify her in-laws. "They didn't want Ricki uprooted," the insider explains. "They also wanted Ricki kept out of the spotlight, not exploited."
Show insiders familiar with Maynard -- who had breast implants, veneers and a reported nose job before taking part in Brad Womack's season -- reveal that the West Virginia native isn't the same sweet girl she was pre-"Bachelor."
After Maynard split from Womack in June 2011, "she got difficult," a Bachelor source says. And when she signed on to be the "Bachelorette," "She knew she was the star, so she became a bit of a diva."
Continues the insider, "She is painted in this Mother Teresa light. She is a nice girl, but she isn't as good as she's made out to be."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Bachelorette Emily Maynard "Not Speaking" to Daughter Ricki's Grandparents
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite