'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard 'Not Speaking' to Daughter Ricki's Grandparents
- Photo: ABC/Promotional1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Turns out Emily Maynard's life is just as drama-filled behind the scenes.
Though she still receives financial support from them, sources tell Us Weekly the Season 8 "Bachelorette" is currently butting heads with daughter Ricki's grandparents -- her deceased fiance Ricky Hendrick's folks -- over her decision to take part in the ABC show.
"When Emily went on 'The Bachelor,' they weren't pleased, but they supported her," one insider tells Us. But after Maynard, 26, signed up to give reality show romance another shot as the "Bachelorette," Hendrick's parents were "livid."
"Now they're not speaking," the insider shares. "They don't want their grandchild in the spotlight. They are private people."
The source also reveals that Maynard's insistence that her season be filmed in her hometown of Charlotte, N.C., -- rather than in Los Angeles -- was intended to pacify her in-laws. "They didn't want Ricki uprooted," the insider explains. "They also wanted Ricki kept out of the spotlight, not exploited."
Show insiders familiar with Maynard -- who had breast implants, veneers and a reported nose job before taking part in Brad Womack's season -- reveal that the West Virginia native isn't the same sweet girl she was pre-"Bachelor."
After Maynard split from Womack in June 2011, "she got difficult," a Bachelor source says. And when she signed on to be the "Bachelorette," "She knew she was the star, so she became a bit of a diva."
Continues the insider, "She is painted in this Mother Teresa light. She is a nice girl, but she isn't as good as she's made out to be."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Bachelorette Emily Maynard "Not Speaking" to Daughter Ricki's Grandparents
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite