"The Bachelor"'s Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney Wed in Downpour
- Photo: Steve Fenn/ABC/Promotional1 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: Retna Digital3 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News4 of 10
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Pacific Coast News6 of 10
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: .9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
One of "The Bachelor"'s most talked-about couples got their fairy-tale ending -- in the pouring rain!
Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney got married on a wet Saturday afternoon at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., a source confirms to UsMagazine.com.
The ceremony took place beneath a tarp on a lawn overlooking the ocean. Wearing a strapless Monique Lhuillier gown and Neil Lane jewels and holding an all-white bouquet, Malaney walked down the aisle as "American Idol" alum Jason Castro performed "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."
Midway through the ceremony, as the couple read their vows, it started pouring. Mesnick and Malaney had a good laugh as they got drenched. Following their "I Do"s, the couple kissed and white doves were released. Castro sang "That's What I'm Here For" as Mr. and Mrs. Mesnick walked out.
The party will be broadcast in a two-hour ABC special March 8. Among the bash's 250 guests were "Bachelor" alum Trista and Ryan Sutter. Melissa Rycroft, the "final rose" recipient famously dumped by Mesnick on-air (Malaney was initially his runner-up) during the tumultuous thirteenth season, was not present.
"I've never been a girl who has had her wedding planned for years," Malaney, a 25-year-old department store buyer, told Us last fall.
Added Mesnick, 33: "We don't want an hour-long ceremony and assigned seating and fancy food. I'd rather have people walk away saying, 'That was the most fun, badass wedding I've ever been to!'"
An ex-insurance agent who now runs Jasonsplace.com, an online community for single parents, Mesnick proposed to Malaney on Oct. 21 at the Kohara Lodge in Queenstown, New Zealand, where they had an "overnight date" on the show. "That's where we fell in love," Mesnick explained to Us.
After presenting Malaney with a bouquet of wildflowers, Mesnick snuck the engagement ring -- a 1.2-plus carat, antique cushion-cut stone with small diamonds along the platinum band -- into the bottom of her champagne glass.
"He just looked at me and said, 'Will you marry me?'" Malaney recounted. "A rush of happiness hit me. It was perfect."
The couple have been living together in Mesnick's native Seattle since late September. Also part of their new life: Ty, Mesnick's five-year-old son from a previous marriage. "I love listening to what he did at school," Malaney gushed of her stepson. "I'm someone he can come to if he needs anything."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
From Crowd Ignite