Alec Baldwin loses interest in New York mayoral bid
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com3 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: New Era/Promotional9 of 12
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' Pilot
Alec Baldwin is no longer keen on running for the post of New York Mayor in 2013 after losing his "appetite" for the role.
The actor revealed earlier this year that he was considering swapping acting for politics and wanted to run in the 2013 election as a Democrat, in a bid to succeed current New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
But now Baldwin has decided against the idea, revealing on his weekly WNYC radio podcast, "I've lost my appetite."
The actor is blaming other candidates for putting him off with their eagerness to land the position.
RELATED: Foxy 50 Over 50
He adds, "They're like a guy on a date that you can tell he just can't wait to get his hand up your blouse before even the lights go out in the theater. They're all just so horny for it."
Baldwin is also keen to keep his role on the hit NBC series "30 Rock," because he no longer believes it would be worth quitting his career to attempt to make a change in society.
He adds, "Give this up (the show) for what? I give up money and fame and position and success; I give up this wonderful life I have now in exchange for the chance to 'really change things'?
RELATED: Bachelors: Will They Wed?
"Yeah, I'm not quite sure you can anymore. I've got a good job. Am I doing 'To Kill a Mockingbird'? No. I'm doing a sitcom. But we have fun, and it's a family."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite