Alec Baldwin loses interest in New York mayoral bid
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com3 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: New Era/Promotional9 of 12
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Lucy' Review: Scarlett Johansson Grows Smarter As the Movie Gets DumberMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 9:00:00 AM
- 'And So It Goes' Review: Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton Shine as Rob Reiner ChanMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 8:41:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Food Fighters' Has Mediocre Start, But NBC Still Tops Tuesday With &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'Pirates of the Carribean 5' Gets 2017 Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 8:34:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Review: Scarlett Johansson Grows Smarter As the Movie Gets Dumber
Alec Baldwin is no longer keen on running for the post of New York Mayor in 2013 after losing his "appetite" for the role.
The actor revealed earlier this year that he was considering swapping acting for politics and wanted to run in the 2013 election as a Democrat, in a bid to succeed current New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
But now Baldwin has decided against the idea, revealing on his weekly WNYC radio podcast, "I've lost my appetite."
The actor is blaming other candidates for putting him off with their eagerness to land the position.
RELATED: Foxy 50 Over 50
He adds, "They're like a guy on a date that you can tell he just can't wait to get his hand up your blouse before even the lights go out in the theater. They're all just so horny for it."
Baldwin is also keen to keep his role on the hit NBC series "30 Rock," because he no longer believes it would be worth quitting his career to attempt to make a change in society.
He adds, "Give this up (the show) for what? I give up money and fame and position and success; I give up this wonderful life I have now in exchange for the chance to 'really change things'?
RELATED: Bachelors: Will They Wed?
"Yeah, I'm not quite sure you can anymore. I've got a good job. Am I doing 'To Kill a Mockingbird'? No. I'm doing a sitcom. But we have fun, and it's a family."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite