Tyra Banks comes clean about fake TV personality
- Photo: PN2/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Koi Sojer/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: NewsCom/ AP/Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Gene Duncan/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Michael Bay, Paramount Extend and Expand First-Look DealMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:12:00 AM
- VIDEO: The TV Haircuts That Changed Our Lives MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:09:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:08 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:08:25 AM
- Rob Kardashian Responds to Adrienne Bailon's Anti-Kardashian CommentsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:37:00 AM
- Michael Bay, Paramount Extend and Expand First-Look Deal
TV star Tyra Banks has confessed to fans she's nothing like her "America'S Next Top Model" "character", confessing she invented an alter-ego to score better ratings.
The beauty launched the reality TV competition show in 2003 and has since developed a reputation as a confident and sassy pioneer in the modeling industry, but Banks insists it's all an act for the cameras - because she's shy and insecure in real life.
Speaking during CNN's TV special Dinner with the Kings, which aired on Sunday, Dec. 4, she said, "When I did my show, created my show or whatever, I also created a persona on Top Model. And it's a character. So when I'm sitting there and I have all this make-up on, and I'm like, 'Your picture's not fierce...' talking all that and reprimanding the girls, that is a character.
"I don't do that, like, in real life; I'm passive aggressive. I'm anti-confrontational; I'm even in coaching to learn how to be confrontational.
"So it's a character, but people think it's real. I'm so not sexy. I know how to turn it on for a picture but I'm not sexy in real life."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite