Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says Michelle
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Elise Amendola/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Marco Garcia/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
We live in a Kardashian nation, but President Barack Obama isn't exactly a fan of reality TV's royal family.
Michelle, 47, says that like most parents, she and Barack regulate how much TV their daughters watch and what they're allowed to see. "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians -- when they watch that stuff -- he doesn't like that as much," she told iVillage.
"But I sort of feel like if we're talking about it, and I'm more concerned with how they take it in -- what did you learn when you watched that," Michelle explained. "And if they're learning the right lessons, like, that was crazy, then I'm like, OK."
While the Kardashian family members are known for their big spending (Kim purchased a $325,000 Ferrari earlier this month), their upbringing wasn't entirely different from Sasha and Malia's.
Michelle tells iVillage she doesn't want her girls raised as "little princesses."
"They have to make their own beds, to clean up their rooms," she says. "Sasha has started doing the laundry. Malia was supposed to be doing it but [Sasha] is really into laundry."
Khloé, 27, told Babycenter last month about her "Cinderella" upbringing. "When I turned 12, my mom's housekeeper was not allowed to enter my room," she said. Kris Jenner told her at the time: "You're 12 now. You do all your own laundry. You make your bed."
Khloé said when Kendall and Kylie Jenner were born, "I had to do all the dishes, and I cooked for them. But honestly, now I'm a great cook and I'm OCD clean, and I like that my parents did that."
MORE ON WONDERWAL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite