Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says Michelle
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Elise Amendola/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Marco Garcia/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army VetsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:02:00 PM
- Richard Linklater to Receive Founder's Directing Award from San Francisco Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:00:00 PM
- George Zimmerman's Parents Sue Roseanne Barr, Say She Sent 'Lynch Mob' AfMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:53:00 PM
- 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke in Talks for Lead in 'Me & Earl &MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army Vets
We live in a Kardashian nation, but President Barack Obama isn't exactly a fan of reality TV's royal family.
Michelle, 47, says that like most parents, she and Barack regulate how much TV their daughters watch and what they're allowed to see. "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians -- when they watch that stuff -- he doesn't like that as much," she told iVillage.
"But I sort of feel like if we're talking about it, and I'm more concerned with how they take it in -- what did you learn when you watched that," Michelle explained. "And if they're learning the right lessons, like, that was crazy, then I'm like, OK."
While the Kardashian family members are known for their big spending (Kim purchased a $325,000 Ferrari earlier this month), their upbringing wasn't entirely different from Sasha and Malia's.
Michelle tells iVillage she doesn't want her girls raised as "little princesses."
"They have to make their own beds, to clean up their rooms," she says. "Sasha has started doing the laundry. Malia was supposed to be doing it but [Sasha] is really into laundry."
Khloé, 27, told Babycenter last month about her "Cinderella" upbringing. "When I turned 12, my mom's housekeeper was not allowed to enter my room," she said. Kris Jenner told her at the time: "You're 12 now. You do all your own laundry. You make your bed."
Khloé said when Kendall and Kylie Jenner were born, "I had to do all the dishes, and I cooked for them. But honestly, now I'm a great cook and I'm OCD clean, and I like that my parents did that."
MORE ON WONDERWAL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite