Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says Michelle
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Elise Amendola/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Marco Garcia/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
We live in a Kardashian nation, but President Barack Obama isn't exactly a fan of reality TV's royal family.
Michelle, 47, says that like most parents, she and Barack regulate how much TV their daughters watch and what they're allowed to see. "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians -- when they watch that stuff -- he doesn't like that as much," she told iVillage.
"But I sort of feel like if we're talking about it, and I'm more concerned with how they take it in -- what did you learn when you watched that," Michelle explained. "And if they're learning the right lessons, like, that was crazy, then I'm like, OK."
While the Kardashian family members are known for their big spending (Kim purchased a $325,000 Ferrari earlier this month), their upbringing wasn't entirely different from Sasha and Malia's.
Michelle tells iVillage she doesn't want her girls raised as "little princesses."
"They have to make their own beds, to clean up their rooms," she says. "Sasha has started doing the laundry. Malia was supposed to be doing it but [Sasha] is really into laundry."
Khloé, 27, told Babycenter last month about her "Cinderella" upbringing. "When I turned 12, my mom's housekeeper was not allowed to enter my room," she said. Kris Jenner told her at the time: "You're 12 now. You do all your own laundry. You make your bed."
Khloé said when Kendall and Kylie Jenner were born, "I had to do all the dishes, and I cooked for them. But honestly, now I'm a great cook and I'm OCD clean, and I like that my parents did that."
MORE ON WONDERWAL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite