Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says MichelleRelated: Kim Kardashian, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Elise Amendola/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.7 of 14
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Marco Garcia/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Haraz N. Ghanbari/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Sony Board to Weigh Spin-Off of Entertainment Division (Report)MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:40:45 PM
- Cannes: The Weinstein Co. Nearing Deal for 'The Young and Prodigious Spivet'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:40:05 PM
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Vents About Working ConditionsMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:30:22 PM
- Damon Lindelof Admits 'Star Trek' Strip Down Was 'Gratuitous,' &MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:21:01 PM
- HBO's 'Girls' Adds Jennifer Westfeldt for Season 3MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 2:09:00 PM
- Sony Board to Weigh Spin-Off of Entertainment Division (Report)
We live in a Kardashian nation, but President Barack Obama isn't exactly a fan of reality TV's royal family.
First lady Michelle Obama tells iVillage that her hubby, 50, doesn't like Sasha, 10, and Malia, 13, keeping up with Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian's antics on the boob tube.
Michelle, 47, says that like most parents, she and Barack regulate how much TV their daughters watch and what they're allowed to see. "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians -- when they watch that stuff -- he doesn't like that as much," she told iVillage.
"But I sort of feel like if we're talking about it, and I'm more concerned with how they take it in -- what did you learn when you watched that," Michelle explained. "And if they're learning the right lessons, like, that was crazy, then I'm like, OK."
While the Kardashian family members are known for their big spending (Kim purchased a $325,000 Ferrari earlier this month), their upbringing wasn't entirely different from Sasha and Malia's.
Michelle tells iVillage she doesn't want her girls raised as "little princesses."
"They have to make their own beds, to clean up their rooms," she says. "Sasha has started doing the laundry. Malia was supposed to be doing it but [Sasha] is really into laundry."
Khloé, 27, told Babycenter last month about her "Cinderella" upbringing. "When I turned 12, my mom's housekeeper was not allowed to enter my room," she said. Kris Jenner told her at the time: "You're 12 now. You do all your own laundry. You make your bed."
Khloé said when Kendall and Kylie Jenner were born, "I had to do all the dishes, and I cooked for them. But honestly, now I'm a great cook and I'm OCD clean, and I like that my parents did that."
MORE ON WONDERWAL:
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Find out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite